Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid Cancelled  (Read 23257 times)

gameshowguy2000

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2004, 12:41:21 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 11:36 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 08:12 PM\']And, unsurprisingly, it's still wrong. Players on the Clark show gave (and got credit for) what were known as "backward answers" all the time, both in the front game and in the Winner's Circle.[/quote]
It's not wrong--it's just in need of fewer conflicting pronouns. He means that Osmond Pyramid did good by going back to passed answers on the screen, and did bad by not accepting answers that weren't currently on the screen, unlike Clark Pyramid. [/quote]
Right. As I've noted, even if the word is said AFTER you pass it, you DON'T get credit. You have to return to the word to get credit.

On the Clark/Cullen/Davidson versions, you could NOT go back to any words that you passed. However, if you said the word EVEN after passing it, you STILL got credit. The studio and home audiences WOULD see the score change on camera, though. But, even if the score changes, the bell is turned off so as to not distract the team, as Clark would say.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 12:43:28 AM by gameshowguy2000 »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2004, 12:52:06 AM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 03:48 PM\'] H2's cancelation was sad news but not unexpected. What is even sadder is there will be yet another entertainment gabfest with "The Insider". Jeesh, they are as saturated as the court shows.

Tim :-) [/quote]
 Are they really doing that well though?  Judge Judy (who I thought was top 5 material at one time) is now towards the bottom of the top 10; "People's Court" isn't in the top 25 anymore, Judge Hatchett seems to be cancelled...and Judge Mills lane got axed a couple years ago..
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2004, 12:55:04 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 12:52 AM\'] [quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 03:48 PM\'] H2's cancelation was sad news but not unexpected. What is even sadder is there will be yet another entertainment gabfest with "The Insider". Jeesh, they are as saturated as the court shows.

Tim :-) [/quote]
Are they really doing that well though?  Judge Judy (who I thought was top 5 material at one time) is now towards the bottom of the top 10; "People's Court" isn't in the top 25 anymore, Judge Hatchett seems to be cancelled...and Judge Mills lane got axed a couple years ago.. [/quote]
 I believe Joe Brown still holds his own, no? I know he's second to Judy, but don't know what kind of ratings he pulls.

ObGameShows: Joe did an episode of Pyramid last season.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jay Temple

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2004, 08:44:20 AM »
One bright spot about the cancellation:  At least Billy Crystal's record of 26 seconds in the WC will probably stand.

Sony got two things right that Bob Stewart didn't:
  • A single win in the WC is worth the same amount whether it's the first game or the second.
  • There's no number in the title, so they can escape the Mo' Money Syndrome.
Next time, I suggest the following:
  • two celebs for the whole week, which enables ...
  • returning champions
  • Contestants choose whether to give in Round 3 and in the Winners' Circle.
  • If you incorporate a Tournament as a regular feature, make sure that some figure is guaranteed.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

zachhoran

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2004, 09:24:57 AM »
Another relevant question about the end of Osmond Pyramid: Does anyone wanna bet it might replace Clark Pyramid on GSN next Fall(assuming GSN picks it up)?

Pyramid80

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2004, 09:43:58 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 08:24 AM\'] Another relevant question about the end of Osmond Pyramid: Does anyone wanna bet it might replace Clark Pyramid on GSN next Fall(assuming GSN picks it up)? [/quote]
 I hope that doesn't happen.

scully24

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2004, 09:44:17 AM »
M
I
L
D

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

R
E:

T
O
U
R
N
A
M
E
N
T

F
O
R
M
A
T

---------------------------
Wish me luck, I'm going down this afternoon to be in the Pyramid tournament.  I think it'll be the last taping day of the season, and one of the four of us will win a guaranteed $100,000 this time, they tell us.  Not only that, but the $100,000 is said to be in addition to whatever prize money is won during the tournament, so there is the potential to win $150,000+

(I'm the contestant whose show aired December 8th.  I won with John Salley and Frenchie Davis.)

Kevin

TheGameShowGuy

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2004, 11:34:04 AM »
Good Luck,Kevin

Let us know if anything is said regarding the show in the studio.

uncamark

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2004, 11:36:10 AM »
Court shows are right now the most stable syndication format--almost every one of them is either on a ratings upturn or steady.  The only reason there aren't any new ones coming to NATPE, as far as I know, is that with Judy, Joe, Mathis, Hatchett, "Divorce Court," "Texas Justice" and "People's Court" all in good shape there isn't a reason to put another one out (and the market probably couldn't support another one).  And they pull in the key demos and are economic to produce.

BrandonFG

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2004, 11:52:52 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 09:24 AM\'] Another relevant question about the end of Osmond Pyramid: Does anyone wanna bet it might replace Clark Pyramid on GSN next Fall(assuming GSN picks it up)? [/quote]
 Doesn't ABC Family still air episodes on Friday mornings?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

ChuckNet

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2004, 05:33:59 PM »
One bright spot about the cancellation: At least Billy Crystal's record of 26 seconds in the WC will probably stand.

Although Picabo Street came perilously close to breaking that record last season w/her 28-sec. $10K win for Jeremy Soria's opponent, Ruthie Davis.

Chuck Donegan (The illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

zachhoran

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2004, 07:33:02 PM »
In the wake of Pyramid and Squares cancellations, 'Twould be nice to see TOm or Donny win the GS host Emmy this year(Donny was nominated last year, and Tom tied with Bob Barker in 2000, upon which he bought Regis the Empire State Building). Seems more likely that Barker will get it given his turning 80 recently, but anyway.

Clay Zambo

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2004, 10:24:10 PM »
Ironically, Donny was a guest on today's Ellen; he spent a lot of time chatting with Ellen about how she ought to play Pyramid.  (May have been a rerun, but it's one I hadn't heard about the first time.)
czambo@mac.com

TheInquisitiveOne

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2004, 12:04:34 AM »
Hold on a sec, guys. I think you ought to read this.

Do I sense a false report somewhere?

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

jalman

Pyramid Cancelled
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2004, 12:59:28 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 11:52 AM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 09:24 AM\'] Another relevant question about the end of Osmond Pyramid: Does anyone wanna bet it might replace Clark Pyramid on GSN next Fall(assuming GSN picks it up)? [/quote]
Doesn't ABC Family still air episodes on Friday mornings? [/quote]
 The last time I checked, they still do.