Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "A Wicked Offer"  (Read 6250 times)

geno57

"A Wicked Offer"
« on: July 28, 2015, 03:35:06 AM »
The CW Network is touting this as a combination game show / reality show.  And ... it's hosted by a real-life friend of mine! In fact ... I'll be watching the first show with him, as it airs.

Kansas City attorney Matt O'Connor will offer couples larger and larger amounts of money, for doing things that are increasingly scandalous and even unethical, involving their friends, coworkers, and family members. The contestants are not allowed to tell anyone that they're doing it for the show.  Faustian, isn't it?!

Premiere is next Wednesday, August 5, on The CW.  Time is 9:00ET, 8:00CT.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Scoop-A-WICKED-OFFER-on-THE-CW-Wednesday-August-5-2015-20150716

Disclaimer:  I generally dislike the reality show genre.  I'll promote and watch this one, 'cause my buddy's such a big part of it.  (I've done radio with Matt, and have known him for about 12 years -- about as long as I've lived in Kansas City.)

Executive producers are Robert Sizemore (“Giuliana and Bill,” “Tori and Dean”) and Jenny Daly (“Storage Hunters,” “Mystery Diners,” “Container Wars,” “Invention USA”), through her T-Group Productions.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: "A Wicked Offer"
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 03:48:12 AM »
Wasnt't this a Barris treatment thirty years ago,bas well as an episode of the Insight anthology?
Travis L. Eberle

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 10:27:22 AM »
Wasnt't this a Barris treatment thirty years ago,

Yes.  As I recall, Barris' idea was to give contestants some awful task, and then bid DOWN from a high starting point to see which one would do it for the least money.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

JayDLewis

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 10:31:01 AM »
I've (not) seen this movie.

Cheap Thrills
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 12:45:23 PM »
I'm glad your friend has a gig, but man, that smells of Moment Of Truth levels of discomfort to me.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JakeT

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 08:23:16 PM »
I'm glad your friend has a gig, but man, that smells of Moment Of Truth levels of discomfort to me.

Especially if they really are asked to do something truly "unethical"...but I love and trust Geno and his judgment so I will be watching.

JakeT

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 08:40:10 PM »
Especially if they really are asked to do something truly "unethical"
I'll point out that just as there's a sliding scale from "take an egg roll from that table and eat it" and "shoving someone out of a wheelchair" there's also one from "Do you always wash your hands after using the bathroom?" to "Have you ever had sexual relations in your bedroom with someone other than your spouse?"

If it's all a setup then why not go for the brass ring because who cares? No one will remember you from some television show and you get to share a pile of cash with people you love.
Travis L. Eberle

Thunder

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 01:21:26 PM »
..."Have you ever had sexual relations in your bedroom with someone other than your spouse?"

For clarification, you did say "your bedroom"?

Clay Zambo

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 10:46:06 AM »
Gee, and I was just thinking, "Now that we've moved out of the summer sublet, I'm going to miss having cable and a DVR."

Nope. Not when there's a chance I would have run across that series.
czambo@mac.com

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 05:01:02 PM »
This idea is a mere 70 years old:

People Are Funny is an American radio and television game show, created by John Guedel that ran from 1942 to 1960 in which contestants were asked to carry out stunts.

If the contestant could not complete the "Truth" portion, there would be "Consequences," usually a zany and embarrassing stunt.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 04:58:13 PM »
And maybe a touch of Fred Travalena's "Anything For Money", just more outrageous?