Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let's take a survey!  (Read 2815 times)

gamed121683

Let's take a survey!
« on: August 18, 2015, 11:09:06 AM »
If you got a couple minutes to kill, a friend of mine and I are working on a Family Feud type game and we're looking for people to help take part in our survey. Interested? If so, our latest two part questionnaire is below:

PART 1: fluidsurveys.com/surveys/survey-ray/family-feud-style-survey-aug-15-part-1/

PART 2: fluidsurveys.com/surveys/survey-ray/family-feud-style-survey-aug-15-part-2/

...and we thank you for your support.

TimK2003

Re: Let's take a survey!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 07:28:31 PM »
Completed. Good variety of questions! 

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 09:36:33 PM »
SPOILERS AHEAD, but, unless the prompts for better/more specific answers are part of the question, it feels a little icky to give them to us.  If you're worried about getting unusable answers, consider revising the question, ditch it altogether, or know you'd have to ditch it if the survey returns unusable results.

In addition, part of the charm or fun of Family Feud is in a "wrong" answer making the survey. When those taking the survey are given extra considerations so they don't name a state when the question is looking for a city, would it be fair to mock the contestants when they slip and give a state instead?

Also, "Name a kind of place where people keep checking their watch"? What is this, 1988? :-P

I hope this survey leads to a fun time.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 09:41:15 PM »
In addition, part of the charm or fun of Family Feud is in a "wrong" answer making the survey.
Is it really?

Also, "Name a kind of place where people keep checking their watch"? What is this, 1988? :-P
I for one salute the question writing that doesn't lean on vulgarity or gauche answers. Yes, it's bland and straightforward and unlikely to yield answers that wander off the reservation. I don't think that's an issue.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 11:48:20 PM »
I for one salute the question writing that doesn't lean on vulgarity or gauche answers. Yes, it's bland and straightforward and unlikely to yield answers that wander off the reservation. I don't think that's an issue.

See, I assumed that was a snarky implication that nobody wears watches anymore.

/wears a watch
//so I know when it's time for you to get the hell off my lawn
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 12:36:08 PM »
I would have just said "...keep checking the time" or "what time it is."

I understand they have a rerun industry to protect now, but also I miss the questions that directly reflect our current pop culture (e.g. "who's the most annoying person on TV today?"). That's the sort of thing I would use my own survey to ask.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck