Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ray Combs Family Feud Question  (Read 14553 times)

BrandonFG

Re: Ray Combs Family Feud Question
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2015, 06:33:54 PM »
"Suspiciously Similar Music." Even TV Tropes went away from using Mr. Hart as the namesake.
Ah..thank you!
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2015, 06:50:09 PM »
So rather than say "they changed the pitch and tone of the tick in order to evoke the sound of the Pyramid flute without actually using that sound" we got an obtuse reference that only the writer understands.

Maybe I'll start writing out my thoughts here solely in emoji.
Travis L. Eberle

chops

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2015, 10:15:31 PM »
I think the face-off buzzer was used to indicate a wrong answer on some Goodson show...can't quite remember...
Not a Goodson show, but ISTR Bruce Forsyth's Hot Streak used it to signal a duplicate clue.

JMFabiano

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 12:13:55 PM »
I think the face-off buzzer was used to indicate a wrong answer on some Goodson show...can't quite remember...
Not a Goodson show, but ISTR Bruce Forsyth's Hot Streak used it to signal a duplicate clue.

Think that was it. 

Someone mentioned the "wrong guess" buzzer from Wheel repeating in High Rollers...well, I think it was the time's up sound in Bullseye as well.  And of course, later on Wheel would lift the 1987 High Rollers' insurance marker sound. 

Besides Sale (and its SUSPICIOUSLY SIMILAR version), the Pyramid countdown also appeared on other Bob Stewart shows, such as Chain Reaction.

NBC had three distinct chimes (not G-E-C :-)).  The one mentioned turning up in Card Sharks and others, the other two you could hear on Blockbusters '80...one was on several shows, the other most notably on Password Plus. 

Just Men! and Davidson Squares had the same bonus game losing horns.

I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2015, 01:34:32 PM »
Just Men! and Davidson Squares had the same bonus game losing horns.

FTFY.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)