Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LMAD/TPIR preempted today...  (Read 5609 times)

brianhenke

LMAD/TPIR preempted today...
« on: September 23, 2015, 11:40:44 AM »
     LMAD (on the 10 am ET feed) and TPIR (90s salute on Decades Week) are being preempted (or being cut into) in the Eastern and Central time zones due to coverage of Pope Francis' visit to Washington DC.

TPIR was joined in progress at 11:44 ET with the Showcase Showdown.

Brian

The leaves start to change color in May?

BillCullen1

Re: LMAD/TPIR preempted today...
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 11:47:53 AM »
In NYC, LMAD was joined in progress at about 10:20 and the 5th pricing game on TPIR was not seen.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 11:50:26 PM »
Probably gonna see quite a bit of these as the end of the week comes, especially with the local stations in NYC, Philly, and DC.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 09:45:24 AM »
The Pope makes his historic address before a joint meeting of Congress. Won't be surprised either way by national coverage of it and if the networks do opt to preempt to talk about it or do not.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Allstar87

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 09:55:12 AM »
Probably gonna see quite a bit of these as the end of the week comes, especially with the local stations in NYC, Philly, and DC.

In the case of DC, WUSA completely pre-empted LMAD and TPIR yesterday, and they're doing it again today.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 09:57:17 AM »

In the case of DC, WUSA completely pre-empted LMAD and TPIR yesterday, and they're doing it again today.

According to the CBS website, TPIR will be aired today and tomorrow in its usual timeslot on digital 9.2.

EDIT: Looks like CBS is doing a network wide preemption to cover the Pope's speech to Congress.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 10:14:00 AM by jjman920 »
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

That Don Guy

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 05:37:31 PM »
The only Pacific time zone pre-emption for TPIR this week was for about 15 minutes on Friday, to cover Boehner's resignation announcement live.

danderson

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 07:35:27 PM »
was thinking about preemptions.. it seems that college football causes the most issues.. ABC decided to switch to WISC/NEB and it preempted part of Wheel does ABC do that when they show regional games? Why preempt Wheel to show the end of a game that was also on ESPN2(I know they use the reverse minor but..

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 08:44:10 PM »
You couldn't start a new thread?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 09:36:13 PM »
Danderson:

Why are you asking the exact same questions here that you already asked on the TiVo board?
@lambertman

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 10:15:00 PM »
Also, you do realize that networks don't technically pre-empt syndicated programs, right?  I mean, yes, a sporting event can be aired instead of Wheel, but it's because that's where the local station had Wheel scheduled, not because of any decision by ABC.