Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Friday's episode of Millionaire  (Read 4225 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Friday's episode of Millionaire
« on: October 22, 2015, 07:07:32 PM »
This just in over the transom: Leszek Pawlowicz is on tomorrow's episode of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Back when the show was a national craze he was interviewed for a magazine piece on repeat players on quiz shows and he claimed that if he got to the Hot Seat it would be million-or-bust as the questions were cake-easy. I for one will be curious to see how he does in light of that claim. Check local listings.
Travis L. Eberle

Matt Ottinger

Re: Friday's episode of Millionaire
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 10:41:02 PM »
This just in over the transom: Leszek Pawlowicz is on tomorrow's episode of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Back when the show was a national craze he was interviewed for a magazine piece on repeat players on quiz shows and he claimed that if he got to the Hot Seat it would be million-or-bust as the questions were cake-easy. I for one will be curious to see how he does in light of that claim. Check local listings.

I believe we're all agreed that the questions, ESPECIALLY this season, are a lot harder than they were in Regis' day, so that claim is mostly moot at this point.  Leszek is far from an idiot.  He'll play the hand that's dealt him.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 10:51:19 PM »
I believe we're all agreed that the questions, ESPECIALLY this season, are a lot harder than they were in Regis' day, so that claim is mostly moot at this point.  Leszek is far from an idiot.  He'll play the hand that's dealt him.
The questions on the daily show have always been harder than those of the primetime version, as least in my own estimation, and the piece in question is from November, 2000. (There's references to History IQ and the Gold Pocket online game.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/11/05/magazine/the-know-it-alls.html?pagewanted=all That's a link to the article, and I apologize because I don't know how to change the text of a hyperlink.

I'm particularly happy that the show seems to have widened their net in having on players who can handle the tougher material because there's no reason for those top prize figures to be displayed if no one is going to reach them. I hope he does well because I enjoy seeing those top-drawer questions and I have no reason to root against him or wish him poorly.
Travis L. Eberle

Thunder

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 08:33:40 PM »
I chuckle at any article that mentions Doak Fairey & Steve Beverly.