Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If you met the president/head of BUZZR...  (Read 18807 times)

BillCullen1

Re: If you met the president/head of BUZZR...
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 12:49:35 AM »
Here's what I would say to the Grand Puba of Buzzr -  work out a deal with Time Warner Cable to add your channel to their lineup.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 12:57:29 AM »
Here's what I would say to the Grand Puba of Buzzr -  work out a deal with Time Warner Cable to add your channel to their lineup.
If I'm not mistaken, that's not how it works.  One of your local affiliates has to put it on their digital subchannel.  This isn't a standard cable station.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 01:43:43 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, that's not how it works.  One of your local affiliates has to put it on their digital subchannel.  This isn't a standard cable station.

The provider still has to find a spot for it on its channel lineup, and does not necessarily have to do so right away. Hence why Verizon was delayed in picking Buzzr up after some of its competitors did.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 02:14:29 AM »
The provider still has to find a spot for it on its channel lineup, and does not necessarily have to do so right away. Hence why Verizon was delayed in picking Buzzr up after some of its competitors did.

You sure about that? I'd think "must-carry" rules would apply. I'd love for you to show me the relevant statutes if you know otherwise, though.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 02:31:47 AM »

You sure about that? I'd think "must-carry" rules would apply. I'd love for you to show me the relevant statutes if you know otherwise, though.

All I know is that Buzzr didn't immediately show up on FiOS when it launched, and as far as I know not all of the cable providers started carrying it at the same time.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

snowpeck

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 02:57:09 AM »

Must-carry does not apply to subchannels. Under the must-carry rules, cable operators are only required to carry the main feed of any over-the-air channel.

Relevant passage from the FCC's website:

Primary Video. The Report and Order finds that the “primary video” entitled to mandatory carriage includes a single programming stream and other program-related content. The television station chooses which one of its unrelated multiplexed signals gets carried under the Act. The Further Notice seeks comment on how to define “program-related” in the context of primary video.

Ancillary or Supplementary Services. The Report and Order finds that a cable operator is not required to carry ancillary or supplementary services transmitted on a digital television signal.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 03:48:18 AM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Johnissoevil

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2015, 03:41:33 AM »
WAHH WAHH WAHH!  Buzzr's constant rerunning isn't exactly a favorite of mine, but it's not a cause of poverty, homelessness, unemployment, starvation, or other major issues that need to be fixed in the world, so they're free to do whatever they want.  If this bothers you that much, go out, buy the rights to classic game shows, and launch your own channel.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

SuperMatch93

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2015, 11:05:58 AM »
"SIR, THIS IS FINAL! EITHER YOU STOP DOING RERUN ABUSE TO THE SHOWS ON BUZZR AND ADD NEW TO BUZZR EPISODES TO THE GAME SHOWS YOU AIR AND STOP AIRING SHOWS IN REVERSE ORDER OR ELSE!!!"

Almost makes this seem reasonable.
-William https://cookcounty.biz
https://www.donorschoose.org/classroom/cpsbermudez
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2015, 11:24:45 AM »
Every once in a while, it's good for the mods to let through posts like this to remind us how hard they work.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2015, 09:37:22 PM »
don't buy that cable tier.

Herein lies the punchline: it's a digital subchannel. Someone gets it on their cable if one of the local channels in the market picks it up, or you pull it in with an antenna. IT COSTS NOTHING.

Yet Entitled McPopTart here still whines.
I forgot about this because BUZZR (and many, many other TV stations and media outlets) just don't enter my brain. If I'm the Sun and work, family, friends and money are the inner planets variously, BUZZR is a little BB-sized pebble floating in outer space at a mean distance of forty billion kilometers.

Darryl: we don't care about your tilt at windmills. We're not on your side and you're not exactly an empathetic figure around these parts. Enjoy the programming or don't but generally we don't care.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

PYLdude

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2015, 11:09:51 PM »
"SIR, THIS IS FINAL! EITHER YOU STOP DOING RERUN ABUSE TO THE SHOWS ON BUZZR AND ADD NEW TO BUZZR EPISODES TO THE GAME SHOWS YOU AIR AND STOP AIRING SHOWS IN REVERSE ORDER OR ELSE!!!"

I always thought Sonic had blue arms. Not like I give a damn but still.

aaron sica

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2015, 08:13:33 AM »

After all the crazy game show things I've seen people on here (and other boards) over the last 20+ years get obsessive and belligerent over, that does not surprise me at all.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2015, 11:46:00 AM »
Yet Entitled McPopTart here still whines.

<like>
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Ian Wallis

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2015, 05:03:41 PM »
Santa Claus is coming to town soon - I'd just be happy if BUZZR came to my town too.  I don't care so much about rerun abuse - at least they're airing shows GSN probably never will again.  Eventually they'll build on their library.  The "Lost and Found" stunt was certainly the highlight so far for me.  If you can get this channel, consider yourself lucky.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2015, 08:31:36 PM »
"SIR, THIS IS FINAL!
Well, at least you have manners when you start insane diatribe.

I suppose this is real, but it's so darn ridiculous that it seems fabricated. I mean really, you throw in a Blondie reference? Are you practicing cutaway gags for your future job as a Family Guy writer?

I feel that you're more than welcome to be displeased with the excessive reruns of Buzzr, but really? Empty threats? I think I find a splinter more threatening than you.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.