Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Panel shows back on GSN for Christmas  (Read 4367 times)

snowpeck

Panel shows back on GSN for Christmas
« on: December 06, 2015, 08:41:13 PM »
What's My Line and I've Got a Secret are making their annual December returns to GSN's overnight lineup starting December 14. Looks like WML is going to be dipping into the syndicated run as well. A 1973 episode with Leonard Nimoy is scheduled.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/9af06a23-a652-41f7-8acb-14cb2680363f
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Panel shows back on GSN for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 09:35:50 PM »
Well, I do enjoy me a good episode of What's My Line? every chance I can see one, so this is good news.

Have never really gotten the whole big hoopla over I've Got a Secret. Just never got into it. I much prefer To Tell the Truth, and even find The Name's the Same better.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 10:55:12 PM »
I really liked I've Got a Secret for a couple of reasons. They could feature segments that didn't really fit Truth or Line, like the 50th High School Reunion from 1915 with the teacher in attendance and the teacher's teacher or the guy that blew up an inner tube until it exploded. I also enjoyed the chemistry on the show, particularly during the Garry Moore years. He and the panel got along great and they didn't skip a beat when Besty and Bess replaced Faye and Jayne. It was more relaxed than Truth and Line could be in their formats at the time.

Looks like they pulled a few episodes to honor those who passed this year with the Nimoy episode and a WML with Frank Gifford. While they've been doing this yearly for quite some time now, I suppose they could bill these episodes of IGAS as a tribute to Betsy Palmer.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Winkfan

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 07:12:17 PM »
Looks like they pulled a few episodes to honor those who passed this year with the Nimoy episode and a WML with Frank Gifford. While they've been doing this yearly for quite some time now, I suppose they could bill these episodes of IGAS as a tribute to Betsy Palmer.

You forgot that Jayne Meadows and Bess Myerson also went to their final rewards this year; so it could be a tribute to those ladies as well.

I'm still holding out for a Beat The Clock/Password (original version) block for New Year's week.

Cordially,
Tammy
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024)

The Pyramids

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 04:00:20 PM »
Has the '50s 'WML?' with mystery guest Janet Leigh that aired this week been on the network in the past few years? The show did not look familiar to me until her segment came on.

BillCullen1

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 12:45:00 PM »
My favorite WML eps this go-round were the ones with Frank Gifford and Yogi Berra. And a nice tribute for Jayne Meadows showing her guest spot on IGAS with Bess and Betsy on the panel.