Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What games are you revisiting?  (Read 6769 times)

JonSea31

Re: What games are you revisiting?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 02:36:20 PM »
When you guys look at old favorites are you more inclined to use your own collection or YouTube posted material?

For me, YouTube, and GSN, for the older shows.
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

calliaume

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 03:54:18 PM »
When you guys look at old favorites are you more inclined to use your own collection or YouTube posted material?
I can't speak for others, but my collection is exclusively on VHS - which, given I no longer own a VCR, restricts me somewhat.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 05:40:46 PM »

YouTube, by default.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

thomas_meighan

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 06:23:11 PM »
I've been on sort of a You Don't Say! kick -- the game is a *lot* of fun and requires a different kind of creativity (in terms of clue-giving and -receiving) than Password does. It's too bad that neither of the revivals lasted long; I think it could be successful again in the right hands.

At some point they must have tightened the rules for clues spelled the same as the portion of the name the player was going for. In the '64 Day/Landon episode, one contestant goes directly for "crane" as part of "Ichabod Crane." (On the '69 Cole/Grady episode, a contestant does get buzzed for trying to elicit "God," but I think that was because it was a proper noun in the context the contestant was going for.) But on one of the available '75 episodes, a contestant gets buzzed for trying to elicit "ark" as part of "Arkansas". Is there some fine distinction between these that I haven't picked up on?

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2015, 08:09:37 PM »
I've just been gorging on the original I've Got A Secret on YouTube. I didn't realize how many clips and whole episodes are online currently, especially ones from the now rarely seen Winston era. It's been a wonderful trip back to my first exposure of GSN, with a show that had such great chemistry between host and panel.

Nighttime Price Is Right with Dennis James.
I really wish there was more of this online, particularly of the last few seasons of James' run where there were more games in the rotation and a better, more warm set. I am grateful for what is online. A good treat.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 08:34:52 PM by jjman920 »
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

jimlangefan

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2015, 08:15:44 PM »
I don't know how and why, but I've been on a Martindale Tic Tac Dough kick lately.
TV's Big Dealer

BrandonFG

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2015, 08:36:30 PM »

YouTube, by default.
+1
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

TimK2003

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2015, 09:57:54 PM »
I've been following Bert Convy a lot recently by watching Super Password and both runs of Tattletales -- Via YouTube on Roku.

KrisW73

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2015, 09:52:27 AM »
TattleTales, and MG '7X via Buzzr and Youtube