Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Announcer Questions: Tattletales & $xxx,000 Pyramid  (Read 2210 times)

TimK2003

Announcer Questions: Tattletales & $xxx,000 Pyramid
« on: December 20, 2015, 10:24:13 PM »
Lately I have been watching a lot of Tattletales Episodes, which recently replaced my binge watching of the various incarnations of Dick Clark Pyramid, which leads me to these questions:

Was there ever an official primary announcer for the first CBS run of Tattletales.  It always seemed to be a mix between Johnny Olson, Gene Wood, Jack Clark & even John Harlan. Who did the most episodes?

In the same vein, was there ever a primary announcer for each of the various incarnations of Pyramid?  The closest consistency I could get for at least one incarnation of Pyramid was Bob Clayton for the $20K in New York.  In the later $25K CBS and $100K syndie episodes, it seemed there were as many Johnny Gilbert announced episodes as there were Charlie O'Donnell episodes, yet there were still others who did the occasional announcing duties on those shows, including the likes of Rod Roddy, Henry Pollic II and Charlie Tuna.

Win a Pile

Re: Announcer Questions: Tattletales & $xxx,000 Pyramid
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 11:20:30 PM »
I would say that Jack Clark was the primary $25k Pyramid announcer, but for whatever reason (my guess is Wheel taking off and being his first priority) resulted in the announcer-of-the-week rotations until Johnny Gilbert became more or less, permanent.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Announcer Questions: Tattletales & $xxx,000 Pyramid
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 01:02:44 AM »
I thought Clark did the Pyramid straight through until '85 and that the announcer of the week thing just went after that, even if Gilbert was the most frequent.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022