Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best Way to Save Pyramid!  (Read 4573 times)

pyrawoman

Best Way to Save Pyramid!
« on: January 17, 2004, 04:42:37 PM »
Ok people. For those of you that want to keep Pyramid on the air, the best way is to contact your local TV station that airs Pyramid - either by phone, email, or snail mail. The below letter has been sent  to a number of fans who have written in. It's from John Weiser, Exec. Vice-President of Sony Pictures Television. CONTACT YOUR LOCAL STATION NOW. NAPTE is TOMORROW!!!

-----------------------------------------------------

"First and foremost, thank you for being such a great fan of the show. We too, want Pyramid to remain on local broadcasts, and are doing what we can on our end to support the show.

The decision unfortunately, is in the hands of the local television stations. In order to help us, we are asking viewers to make calls to their local TV station(s) and request that Pyramid be renewed. There's always hope if enough calls/letters come through to the individual stations.

Thank you so much Robin, for your support of Donny and Pyramid. It is truly appreciated.

Sincerely,

John Weiser "

Exec. Vice President of Sony Pictures Television.
email: john_weiser@spe.sony.com

TheGameShowGuy

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2004, 11:16:00 PM »
GREAT ADVICE:

This whole "Pyramid" issue is confusing... a show that experts call a "shoo-in" for renewal gets "cancelled" via a secret notice BUT a SONY exec says that we should call our stations... BUT if they were informed of what was said they were told they would look elsewhere! SONY should take the lead and give the show a show of confidence aqnd renew it early like last year. That said SONY needs to stll be written to as well as LOCAL STATIONS.
Most are on line. It's easy! Type in the call letters in a search.

LOCALLY FOR ANYONE HERE IN NY: It's CHANNEL 5 (WNYW)
e mail:  www.fox5ny.com
SNAIL MAIL:
205 East 67th Street
New York, NY 10021-6099

NY's FOX-5 IS THE EAST COAST FOX STATION FOR MANY SATTELITE OUTLETS SO EVEN IF YOU DON"T LIVE IN NYC AREA YOU CAN WRITE TO WNYW AS IT'S ON DISH!

If you would  like to call : (212) 452-5555
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 11:18:18 PM by TheGameShowGuy »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2004, 11:30:29 PM »
No, unless they plan to review all of the issues the show had, I do not want them to renew it. To beg them to leave the show on is am impicit vote for poor judging, support of briefing celebrities, and the general bastardization of a great show.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2004, 11:42:46 PM »
[quote name=\'TheGameShowGuy\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 11:16 PM\'] GREAT ADVICE:

This whole "Pyramid" issue is confusing... a show that experts call a "shoo-in" for renewal gets "cancelled" via a secret notice BUT a SONY exec says that we should call our stations... BUT if they were informed of what was said they were told they would look elsewhere! SONY should take the lead and give the show a show of confidence aqnd renew it early like last year. That said SONY needs to stll be written to as well as LOCAL STATIONS.
Most are on line. It's easy! Type in the call letters in a search.

LOCALLY FOR ANYONE HERE IN NY: It's CHANNEL 5 (WNYW)
e mail:  www.fox5ny.com
SNAIL MAIL:
205 East 67th Street
New York, NY 10021-6099

NY's FOX-5 IS THE EAST COAST FOX STATION FOR MANY SATTELITE OUTLETS SO EVEN IF YOU DON"T LIVE IN NYC AREA YOU CAN WRITE TO WNYW AS IT'S ON DISH!

If you would  like to call : (212) 452-5555 [/quote]
Would you quite posting this in every "Pyramid" thread on the internet?  Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2004, 12:23:17 AM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

JMFabiano

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2004, 12:16:19 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 11:30 PM\'] No, unless they plan to review all of the issues the show had, I do not want them to renew it. To beg them to leave the show on is am impicit vote for poor judging, support of briefing celebrities, and the general bastardization of a great show. [/quote]

Must say that I agree with you.  The mourning over Pyramid strikes me as being more "one less game show" than over a show that was necessarily at its peak.  As it is, I even put Davidson $100K and $50K over it on the PPO (Pyramid Pecking Order).  Even the freaking Junior Pyramid that GSN used to show the four episodes of for weeks on end during Dark Period '97!  Neither of those, from my admittedly limited experience with them, seemed quite as watered down.  Or had...

- The judging monkeys
- The set/theme that seemed to be run through whatever machine Junior Badseed used to suck the soul out of FF's in 1994
- Contestants being treated as people as much as the cameraman (could they say LESS to them?!!?)
- Yes, said celeb briefing.  Are today's stars so afraid of showing ass (NO, not the literal version), that they have to have more protection that a football player?
- A no-climatic tournament due to retarded rules ("It's less than $100,000...it's the, erm, $64,000 Pyramid?" Insert "rrrrrrrrrrrrigging" joke here)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2004, 12:22:27 AM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2004, 01:07:35 AM »
Ok-I may not speak for everyone when I say this but....

These "save Pyramid" posts are getting quite annoying. Trying to make us all do something that some of us don't want to do (or care), and then posting a million places on where to write/email/call/fax is cluttering up the board. I mean, we don't even agree on the best game show of all time, so how could we come to a consensus on something smaller, like which shows should be kept/saved? I do think that Pyramid should be saved, but if it isn't, well it isn't- and telling me I need to rally and send massive responses to sony won't do anything but make me mad.
insert signature here

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2004, 04:49:43 PM »
Yep, that's exactly what the article at tvgameshows.net says. Check it out.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2004, 06:40:38 PM »
I want to hear that if we help save the show, that they will fix the problems the show had as a reward to us.

clemon79

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2004, 08:58:47 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 18 2004, 04:40 PM\'] I want to hear that if we help save the show, that they will fix the problems the show had as a reward to us. [/quote]
 Well, they will TELL you whatever they think you WANT to hear. What I want to see is followthru, and based on what I've seen from this show since it's started, the producers have exactly ZERO concept of the vision we have for it. So I'm content to let it die.

dzinkin

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2004, 08:58:48 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 18 2004, 06:40 PM\'] I want to hear that if we help save the show, that they will fix the problems the show had as a reward to us. [/quote]
 And I want to hear that Quizbusters, Hit Man, and the ABC episodes of Password have been added to GSN's schedule.  But those events are about as likely as what you suggest.

- David

Kevin Prather

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2004, 09:01:02 PM »
Agreed.

Goodbye, Sony Pyramid.

tommycharles

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2004, 09:54:02 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 18 2004, 08:58 PM\'] [quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 18 2004, 04:40 PM\'] I want to hear that if we help save the show, that they will fix the problems the show had as a reward to us. [/quote]
Well, they will TELL you whatever they think you WANT to hear. What I want to see is followthru, and based on what I've seen from this show since it's started, the producers have exactly ZERO concept of the vision we have for it. So I'm content to let it die. [/quote]
 It seems to me that the producers of Pyramid simply don't know what our "vision" of the show is. See their instituting the give/recieve option in the winners circle...the rule came back, which is something a lot of people were wanting (I see why it's a good idea but it doesn't ruin my watching the show if it ain't there), but it doesn't seem to work like it used to.

To me, protesting to keep this game on the air is like begging GSN not to let Whammy! die. It  will be back in one form or another, folks.

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2004, 10:04:23 PM »
Well, they will TELL you whatever they think you WANT to hear. What I want to see is followthru, and based on what I've seen from this show since it's started, the producers have exactly ZERO concept of the vision we have for it. So I'm content to let it die.

This is what I was trying to say...not all of have the same vision for Pyramid. Some of us were very unhappy with the new version. Some of us liked it. some didn't care either way. So as a whole, we don't share the same vision. I wish Pyramid wouldn't die, but if it does, oh well.
insert signature here

clemon79

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2004, 10:52:24 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Jan 18 2004, 08:04 PM\'] This is what I was trying to say...not all of have the same vision for Pyramid. Some of us were very unhappy with the new version. Some of us liked it. some didn't care either way. So as a whole, we don't share the same vision. I wish Pyramid wouldn't die, but if it does, oh well. [/quote]
 Sure! And those of you who enjoyed the show as it was, please write your cards and letters and emails, and I wish you the very best of luck.

I simply don't want people to be compelled to ask this show be continued with the hopes that they turn it into what they want it to be, because I don't believe that will happen. Make your decision based on what it _is_.

Pyramid80

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2004, 11:00:38 PM »
I know this is a stupid question but I have to ask.  I am assuming that Sony now owns the full rights to the Pyramid game whether it be the 100k, 10k, 25k version or whatever.  Could Bob or Sande Stewart come back and take the show over and run it their way since Bob was the creator?  Would he have to get the rights back that were possibly sold off to Sony?  How would this work?