Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CNG time change in NYC and question regarding it.  (Read 2670 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
CNG time change in NYC and question regarding it.
« on: January 11, 2016, 02:50:41 AM »
Don't know when this went into effect, but WPIX apparently decided to expand their nightly newscasts and replaced Celebrity Name Game, which had been airing at 6:30 against Family Feud, TMZ, and the network newscasts on its competitors, with an extra half hour of local news. CNG got bumped to the early morning and the channel 11 is now double-running the show in the 9:00 AM hour instead of a rerun of Maury.

Now, the question I ask is this: is this the earliest, non-late night airing that a CNG affiliate has? (let's call anything before 5:00 AM late night, just to be on the safe side)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

aaron sica

Re: CNG time change in NYC and question regarding it.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 08:06:23 AM »
Don't know when this went into effect

Today it goes into effect; also shakes up the double-run of Seinfeld that I unwind with at 11. :)

Esoteric Eric

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 09:33:51 AM »
Now, the question I ask is this: is this the earliest, non-late night airing that a CNG affiliate has? (let's call anything before 5:00 AM late night, just to be on the safe side)
Could be the earliest time for the primary episode to air.  In Seattle, the secondary episode airs at 8:30 AM on KZJO, while the primary episode airs at 6 PM on KCPQ.
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 07:21:58 PM »
Don't know when this went into effect

Today it goes into effect; also shakes up the double-run of Seinfeld that I unwind with at 11. :)

Had to make sure I didn't miss anything. Thank you sir. :)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022