Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity Name Game renewed for season 3  (Read 6398 times)

BillCullen1

Re: Celebrity Name Game renewed for season 3
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 04:38:02 PM »
I hope Season 3 is more like Season 1 than Season 2. I liked the overall format of Season 1 better.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 05:03:05 PM »
And I am enjoying season two's loosening up of what the answers can be, as well as the straight-forward categories in rounds two and three. The one thing I would change is I hope they find more competent players for their third go.
Travis L. Eberle

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 11:11:09 PM »
The one thing I would change is I hope they find more competent players for their third go.

Dear God, please, yes. Don't ever let Jimmy Kimmel's security guard Guillermo on the show again. He knew NOTHING. Watching him give clues was just painful.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 11:12:14 PM »
Dear God, please, yes. Don't ever let Jimmy Kimmel's security guard Guillermo on the show again. He knew NOTHING. Watching him give clues was just painful.
I was thinking more about the contestants.
Travis L. Eberle

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 11:20:40 PM »
And I am enjoying season two's loosening up of what the answers can be, as well as the straight-forward categories in rounds two and three. The one thing I would change is I hope they find more competent players for their third go.
I do think the contestants are doing better on average, and I can't imagine that trend not continuing into year 3.
This signature is currently under construction.

TimK2003

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 12:04:00 AM »

I agree -- I have liked this year's season much better than the first season as far as game play, but some of Craig's recurring schtick (throwing prop logs and prop dice on multiple episodes, for example) gets old pretty quick.

Am I correct that they have ditched the random photos in the final round for the $20K this season?  With the mix of season 1 & 2 episodes in the double run markets like mine, it's a bit hard to tell.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 01:07:05 AM »
I do think the contestants are doing better on average, and I can't imagine that trend not continuing into year 3.
I don't know if the contestants and celebrities are coached to be frenentic and to flail about (though I do have my guess), but it seems that if you just play the game calmly, coolly and collectedly that you should do well every time. Each category seems to have a stumper or two, but the bonus round should also be won most of the time if the ten items are things we've heard of and are easy to describe and not "Fiat."
Travis L. Eberle

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 10:50:26 AM »
Agreed, Travis. Have only caught a couple episodes of season two. Even though I appreciated the expanding of categories, it feels like everybody - including Craig - downed several Jolt colas before airtime. Pyramid had nose-to-nose action with no time for nonsense, including spinning like a blasted top. Do what they do in the end game. Put two teammates behind one podium, alternate who gets to answer, and keep focused on giving clues instead of spending half your time trying to remember to turn.

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 01:08:31 PM »
Agreed, Travis. Have only caught a couple episodes of season two. Even though I appreciated the expanding of categories, it feels like everybody - including Craig - downed several Jolt colas before airtime.
I have only watched a handful of episodes, but this is my biggest problem...it suffers from Loudness Overkill, and everything seems so forced. I know Fremantle loves its audience reactions, but loud =/= exciting. The sound guy needs to tone down the canned reactions. The episodes I've watched sounded like they were being recorded at an NFL game. :-P
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

colonial

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 03:44:02 PM »
CNG did open the casting process ahead of Season 2, holding auditions in several cities over the summer (including Atlanta and Houston).  That could explain the improved contestant pool in S2.

JD

petek66

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 11:44:35 PM »
Good show... makes me feel very OLD.   CARY GRANT "? PASS!"   JULIA ROBERTS "Ummm, this is an actress who was in movies a long time ago...  PASS!"  STEVE ALLEN "Hosted the Tonight Show, not sure if it was before or after Carson. Sorry, Steve if you're around and watching!"

I didn't make these up.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 12:36:07 AM »
I have only watched a handful of episodes, but this is my biggest problem...it suffers from Loudness Overkill, and everything seems so forced. I know Fremantle loves its audience reactions, but loud =/= exciting. The sound guy needs to tone down the canned reactions. The episodes I've watched sounded like they were being recorded at an NFL game. :-P
It seems like they're trying for the serious prize of $20,000 Pyramid, and the zany atmosphere of Win, Lose or Draw and the two don't mix.

The task presented is easy enough and much more fun than "celebrities who have been skydiving/on The Simpsons" from last year.I would like normal, uncasted contestants that I might be able to root for playing the game. If they want it to be a half-hour goof-off then maybe they need to have the game be to where the winners play the end game for their bank instead of twenty grand, so if they blow it at least they didn't lose all that much.
Travis L. Eberle