Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Millionaire" renewed yet again  (Read 8124 times)

Tony Peters

• Here is your first subject. GO!
Re: "Millionaire" renewed yet again
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 05:54:26 PM »
- at best -

These words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
Perhaps I should have typed "...partly - if not only - to keep...".

As to Fedya's comment, I'm not opposed to comic book movies per se (though my interest in them has waned significantly); I just thought that re-doing Spidey and the Four so soon after their previous iterations was so unnecessary and smacked of Keep Away From the Mouse rather than actually trying to do the characters justice. 
Sometimes I find myself missing the days when cats ruled the internet...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 09:48:38 PM »
Perhaps I should have typed "...partly - if not only - to keep...".

You'd still be displaying a particularly refined ignorance, but it's your dime.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 11:11:51 PM »
As to Fedya's comment, I'm not opposed to comic book movies per se (though my interest in them has waned significantly); I just thought that re-doing Spidey and the Four so soon after their previous iterations was so unnecessary and smacked of Keep Away From the Mouse rather than actually trying to do the characters justice.
Both movies were indeed keep away. Fantastic Four most definitely. Fantastic Four has an infamous history in making movies before the cutoff date. I'd have no problem with them redoing movies, if they just didn't suck. I realize how subjective that statement is. All this effort into trying to make it "different" and world build like Marvel/Disney, but it comes off sloppy and convoluted to me.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

johnnya2k3

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 12:37:03 AM »
Speaking of interesting (there is a game show tilt to this)

In the Raleigh, NC television market, as of February 29, there will be an affiliation switch taking place. WRAL, which has been a CBS affiliate for a little over thirty years (previously was ABC), becomes an NBC affiliate.
More like WRAL becomes an NBC affiliate again (they were originally with them from 1956-62)!

WNCN, as the Triangle's new home for CBS, could move their local magazine show to 9:00 am with Young and the Restless at 12:30, right in pattern with most East Coast CBS affiliates (Atlanta sees Y&R at 3:00).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 02:54:06 AM »
More like WRAL becomes an NBC affiliate again

God, you're tedious.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2016, 04:14:14 PM »
A small update: WNCN will be keeping Y&R's 4pm timeslot upon the affiilation switch, with "Ellen" going to 3pm. LMAD will go from 3pm to 10am (the "other" time that CBS feeds it). Their news moves from 11am to noon.