Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Philsbury Bake-Off? Classic TPIR?  (Read 4567 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Philsbury Bake-Off? Classic TPIR?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2004, 04:31:08 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 01:48 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 02:15 PM\'] I completely and utterly fail to understand where a parallel can be drawn between a guy winning the Bake Off for the first time in 47 years, and an entire baseball team that wasn't even 20 years old at the time winning their first World Series. Other than they are both first time events, in which case I can point you to about 47 other ones too. [/quote]
First Canadian team to win! [/quote]
 Yes, thank you, I was well aware of that. The Hartford Whalers also made their first (and only, in that incarnation) trip to the NHL Finals that year, as well.

Unless Mr. Wait was Canadian, I still don't see what in the hell the two things have to do with one another.
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 02:11 PM\']I didn't know that, even though I've lived in the Dallas/Fort Worth area my entire life. [/quote]
Hey, you two ought to get together.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2004, 04:39:02 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 04:31 PM\'] Hey, you two ought to get together. [/quote]
 Hey, they could have their own GSC! :-P
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Don Howard

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2004, 07:41:03 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 04:31 PM\'] [quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 01:48 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 02:15 PM\'] I completely and utterly fail to understand where a parallel can be drawn between a guy winning the Bake Off for the first time in 47 years, and an entire baseball team that wasn't even 20 years old at the time winning their first World Series. Other than they are both first time events, in which case I can point you to about 47 other ones too. [/quote]
First Canadian team to win! [/quote]
Yes, thank you, I was well aware of that. The Hartford Whalers also made their first (and only, in that incarnation) trip to the NHL Finals that year, as well.

Unless Mr. Wait was Canadian, I still don't see what in the hell the two things have to do with one another.
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 02:11 PM\']I didn't know that, even though I've lived in the Dallas/Fort Worth area my entire life. [/quote]
Hey, you two ought to get together. [/quote]
 Just don't allow them to breed.

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2004, 06:07:33 PM »
I asked this question at golden-road.net, and the answer is......YES.