Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Valentine's Day marathon  (Read 4968 times)

snowpeck

Buzzr Valentine's Day marathon
« on: February 10, 2016, 08:21:48 PM »

As part of BUZZR’s celebration of 75 years of TV game shows, the network will be offering special programming surrounding Valentine’s Day.  BUZZR will be celebrating the day of love with a marathon of the most romantic game show moments. For 10 straight hours, love will be buzzing. 

Starting at 1:00pm Eastern, snuggle up with your sweetheart and get the inside scoop on celebrity couples with He Said, She Said and Tattletales. Split a box of chocolates while watching sparks fly between Betty White and Allen Ludden on Password and Password Plus. Lastly, pop a little bubbly as Richard Dawson meets his future wife Gretchen Johnson when she appears as a contestant on Family Feud – and yes, her dad was there keeping a watchful eye as Richard tries to woo her!

Take a look at what Cupid has in store for BUZZR on Sunday, February 14th from 1:00 – 11:00 PM Eastern/10:00 AM – 8:00 PM Pacific:
·       6 episodes of 1970 Joe Garagiola-hosted  He Said, She Said

·       5 episodes of ­­­­1974 Bert Convy-hosted Tattletales

·       1 episode of 1963 Allen Ludden-hosted Password  with his new bride, Betty White, serving as a celebrity guest shortly after the couple’s honeymoon

·       4 episodes of 1979 Allen Ludden-hosted Password Plus with Betty White serving as a celebrity guest

·       4 episodes of 1981 Richard Dawson-hosted Family Feud with his future-wife Gretchen Johnson and her family

·       All episodes are airing on BUZZR for the first time!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 04:06:51 PM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

jjman920

• Mhoops.
Re: Buzzr Valentine's Day marathon
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 09:20:48 PM »
A fine marathon to be sure. The crazy thing is they probably could've done a marathon of just panel shows.

The numerous episodes of What's My Line? featuring both Arlene Francis and Martin Gabel on the panel. The two instances in which the significant others of the members on the panel served as Mystery Guest. Betty and Allen's mystery guest appearance after their marriage (with a great line by Betty) and their appearance as panelists, Jayne Meadows appearing as a Mystery Guest after her and Steve's marriage. Lucy and Desi and George and Gracie also come to mind. There is also tons to draw from both I've Got A Secret and To Tell the Truth.

It makes me look forward to Valentine's Days to come.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 01:42:02 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this appears to be the first time Buzzr has aired programming without airing it again later in the day. Fun!

cmjb13

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 01:51:18 PM »
Now I'm really disappointed they didn't air a TPIR episode with Dian & Bob.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 08:25:23 PM »
Now I'm really disappointed they didn't air a TPIR episode with Dian & Bob.
Like.

FTR, the TT eps were Week 17 (Scoey & Clare Mitchell/John Astin/Patty Duke Astin/Charlie Brill/Mitzi McCall), airdates 6/11,13,17,19,21/74.  And the P+ eps were the first four Betty White/Dick Martin eps (2/5-8/79).  Have no idea on HS,SS.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BillCullen1

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 08:56:24 AM »
The He Said She Said episodes are rare to see and also a nice tribute to Joe Garagiola, who just turned 90 on February 12.