Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Other shows possibly coming to BUZZR?  (Read 8459 times)

jimlangefan

Other shows possibly coming to BUZZR?
« on: January 06, 2016, 06:47:54 PM »
Being the 75th anniversary of the TV Game Show, BUZZR seems to be planning either a one off event, or permanently bringing some other shows to the lineup.  A post to BUZZR's FB page was asking if The Joker's Wild or Tic Tac Dough was ever going to be added and Buzzr directly answered saying to watch for new announcements in the early part of this year.
TV's Big Dealer

chad1m

Re: Other shows possibly coming to BUZZR?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 06:51:10 PM »
Being the 75th anniversary of the TV Game Show, BUZZR seems to be planning either a one off event, or permanently bringing some other shows to the lineup.  A post to BUZZR's FB page was asking if The Joker's Wild or Tic Tac Dough was ever going to be added and Buzzr directly answered saying to watch for new announcements in the early part of this year.
As exciting it sounds, remember that this is coming from the same social media team that highlights their new Sale episodes with a YouTube screen grab from 1983.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 07:15:41 PM »
Um...this person is aware that there is no connection between B&E and Fremantle, right?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Thunder

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 08:08:24 PM »
Even Scrabble & Time Machine won't help some people...

PYLdude

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 08:39:22 PM »
Even Scrabble & Time Machine won't help some people...

I don't think that was a good idea.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

Thunder

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 08:46:52 PM »
I submitted it to demonstrate how people are taking this too seriously and have gone beyond the point of rationality. There's two or three people that seem to have taken on the role of "Unofficial BUZZR Spokespeople" and comment on lots of people's posts about why things won't happen the way that the people want them to.

Also, the less than 500 people who could see it here dwarf the 85000+ people who "like" the BUZZR Facebook page.

PYLdude

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 09:02:16 PM »
I submitted it to demonstrate how people are taking this too seriously and have gone beyond the point of rationality. There's two or three people that seem to have taken on the role of "Unofficial BUZZR Spokespeople" and comment on lots of people's posts about why things won't happen the way that the people want them to.

Also, the less than 500 people who could see it here dwarf the 85000+ people who "like" the BUZZR Facebook page.

I understand that, but I might've chosen an example that can't be potentially misconstrued as dumping on the guy just because. Certainly, as we saw when you-know-who jumped the gun on Dave's Card Sharks goof, there's easier examples. :)

Jamey Greek

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 01:56:22 AM »
I listened to an interview with the head of buzzr and he said that they hope to acquire other shows in the near future or perhaps look at thst possibility but for now they are going to concentrste on the Fremantle library

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 11:16:43 AM »
Well there's a statement filled with no useful information whatsoever.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Thunder

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 02:29:57 AM »
"Motorists may or may not encounter marked or unmarked patrol vehicles that may be manned or unmanned during the special enforcement period."

That was a direct quote from the press conference of a joint speed enforcement task force that I got stuck with. We chuckled at the looks of the reporters trying to wrap their heads around that non-statement.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 12:28:28 PM »
Well there's a statement filled with no useful information whatsoever.

It's what he does best.  :)
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Pyramid20000

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 12:20:29 PM »
Would Pyramid come to BUZZR?

snowpeck

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2016, 12:33:07 PM »
Would Pyramid come to BUZZR?
No. Not a Fremantle show.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)