Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: In search of a Concentration episode  (Read 2452 times)

Kevin Prather

In search of a Concentration episode
« on: October 05, 2016, 09:44:05 PM »
This is a longshot, but I thought I'd put the feelers out just in case.

I don't even know how many episodes of Concentration from the early 70s exist in people's collections. My friend and coworker's father, who has since passed, was a contestant on Concentration some time in the early 70s. She and her family are fuzzy on the details such as the exact date, but we do know he won a minimum of five games. I don't know how common five-time champs were on the show, so I don't know how much that helps. His name was John Krauss.

Hoping to strike lightning in a bottle. Anybody with early 70s episodes of Concentration in their collection wanna check for a John Krauss? I'd appreciate it.

Matt Ottinger

Re: In search of a Concentration episode
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 10:11:46 PM »
Sorry, there's virtually nothing from that period.  The only 70s Clayton episode I'm even aware of is the final broadcast.

There have been rumors that NBC gave the Library of Congress a huge collection of Concentration episodes, but I don't know how reliable they are.  Whatever the LoC has is probably disintegrating in a warehouse somewhere, however.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

RMF

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 12:21:50 AM »
Sorry, there's virtually nothing from that period.  The only 70s Clayton episode I'm even aware of is the final broadcast.

And the only two in a viewable format I've heard of otherwise are at the Paley Center, and aren't likely to be circulating anytime soon.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 11:33:16 AM »

There have been rumors that NBC gave the Library of Congress a huge collection of Concentration episodes, but I don't know how reliable they are.  Whatever the LoC has is probably disintegrating in a warehouse somewhere, however.

Just because the LoC had it doesn't mean it's still there.  I may have mentioned this before, but there was an ebay auction for some TV Guides of the 80's.  Each one had a LoC address label.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.