Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LMAD 10 am ET partially preempted today  (Read 5356 times)

brianhenke

LMAD 10 am ET partially preempted today
« on: March 22, 2016, 10:23:28 AM »
    For those of you with the 10AM feed of Let's Make a Deal, CBS preempted the episode at about 10:15 for a CBS News Special Report. However, as of this writing, LMAD is back on...for now.

Brian
The leaves start to change color in May?

aaron sica

Re: LMAD 10 am ET partially preempted today
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 11:00:28 AM »
What about now?

Allstar87

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 11:09:04 AM »
The NYC station pre-empted most, if not all, of LMAD. They appear to be pre-empting TPIR as well.

Given the upsetting circumstances, I don't mind the interruption. Hopefully they catch those responsible.

Scrabbleship

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 01:10:26 PM »
As did Boston.

Thunder

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 03:05:17 PM »
We were evacuating an office building because of a suspicious unoccupied van parked right beside the building while you were noting that "Let's Make A Deal" was being preempted.

Let that sink into your perspective, buddy.

SwohS Emag

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 03:44:05 PM »
Board policy question: 

I certainly understand the delicate circumstances of this matter and the lives that are at stake in this matter.  It unquestionably merits a newsworthy item that deserves preemtpion of light entertainment programming.  Certainly, the episode will be posted online for all to view in full later today.  That said, this Forum was created for the sharing of information related to game shows, especially on "The Big Board" section, where the members are instructed to "Discuss game shows here."  Mr. Henke's post was game show related and informative, such that the curious (and hyper-curious) among us might be able to note it as we keep various historical records on a topic we all hold dear (i.e., game shows).  So, does that conveyance of information merit Mr. Thunder's chastisement of Mr. Henke in this public setting?  In an office setting, those words would be considered rude and unprofessional.  Why is it appropriate here?  (It is no doubt appropriate to post in the "What's Your Beef?" section.)

I would appreciate insight from the Moderators here, in order to clarify the expectations of Board decorum. 

Many thanks to all who have kept this Board running these many years; I may not post often, but it is typically the first place I visit whenever I begin "surfing" the Internet.  My thoughts go to those in Brussels and to those involved in the scenario described by Mr. Thunder with hopes for a positive outcome.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 03:56:27 PM »
1) The purpose of the What's Your Beef? Section is not for qualms with other members, AFAIK.
2) This is not an office setting, so I'm not sure why you're making the comparison. 
3) What was unprofessional about Thunders post?  He didn't call Henke a moron or anything similar.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:45:53 PM by Dbacksfan12 »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 10:07:05 PM »
Board policy question: 

I certainly understand the delicate circumstances of this matter and the lives that are at stake in this matter.  It unquestionably merits a newsworthy item that deserves preemtpion of light entertainment programming.  Certainly, the episode will be posted online for all to view in full later today.  That said, this Forum was created for the sharing of information related to game shows, especially on "The Big Board" section, where the members are instructed to "Discuss game shows here."  Mr. Henke's post was game show related and informative, such that the curious (and hyper-curious) among us might be able to note it as we keep various historical records on a topic we all hold dear (i.e., game shows).  So, does that conveyance of information merit Mr. Thunder's chastisement of Mr. Henke in this public setting?

Brian brought it on himself by not mentioning the reason why there was a preemption in the first place.

One could argue by not choosing to include the information, he ran afoul of Rule Five and/or Rule Seven. One might not be right in arguing that but at the very least it wasn't something that was so urgent that we either needed to know or care about it. Stuff gets preempted when news breaks. That's nothing new. Especially when the news involves people and things getting blown up.

And considering Thunder's line of work, I believe he was within his rights to criticize Brian's apparent lack of sensitivity for the situation.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Thunder

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 10:40:34 PM »
I would also ask for a judgment on my remarks for future reference. I chose my words as if this had been a citizen interaction.

In regards to our situation, all is well. Nerves were on edge and the van turned out to be harmless. Our response wasn't a case of law enforcement overreaction, as it was completely justified based on the circumstances. No one was hurt, no property was damaged.

/Except possibly the underwear of the two guys from the delivery van company.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 05:14:06 AM »
Yeah, I don't think there is a problem noting a schedule change in regards to programming. It could actually be important to someone that may be appearing on the show. That's rarely the case, but it certainly isn't impossible. Plus, it seems that CBS gave stations the option to go with the west coast broadcast of CBS This Morning as some station were preempted while others were not. In the end, all the programming changes in the world aren't going to be high on the priority list. Neither is this site. So, in the microcosm of this community it makes sense to me. However, I agree that just saying that it is preempted, not giving the reason, and seeming rather oblivious to the matter was just poor form on the OP. Someone who probably doesn't care.

This was certainly a hectic day too. While the day for myself and my mother started out rather calmly, things got hectic when my mother's job shut down a bit early and evacuated the building she was in as precaution. I had left earlier on the subway, but when I got above ground my mother called to inform me that the subway had shut down about 20 minutes after I left because someone threw themselves in front of a train as she was heading down to the platform. Exactly the kind of thing you don't need after the attacks. She was spared the sight, but talked of the emotions of those who had seen it. From there though, my father and I had to travel about halfway into town to pick her up.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

PYLdude

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 09:03:32 AM »
For future reference, I offer this:

if you feel it necessary to report on a show's preemption in certain areas, at least tell us why it is happening. And if it's an extremely local reason, try to use discretion. For your own sake.

It's not just what you say, but how you say it.

/How You Say It, the new game from the creators of Words Have Meanings
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

aaron sica

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 09:32:28 AM »
Good suggestions, but when it comes to Henke, it's falling on deaf ears. He's done this for years. He'll report if a game show was pre-empted only in Cincinnati because the mayor sneezed. Somehow, he feels that we will all care. He's not getting the hint. My big mistake was replying to it, which I will not do for any of his posts again.

PYLdude

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 08:29:06 PM »
Good suggestions, but when it comes to Henke, it's falling on deaf ears. He's done this for years. He'll report if a game show was pre-empted only in Cincinnati because the mayor sneezed. Somehow, he feels that we will all care. He's not getting the hint.

I know, as did my suggestions to Dave Zinkin that a long stay in the Isolation Booth would cure him of that.

Last I will speak on the matter as I really shouldn't have even bothered myself.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 12:22:54 AM »
If you're unfamiliar with Brian's CV:

This is what he does. He believes he is performing a service and helping people. You'll note he rarely replies to anyone and the majority of his threads are pre-emption alerts. Since he's still here it's not against the rules and being incendiary over it isn't going to go well for you. Do what I do, move on to the next thread. I don't watch TPIR or LMAD so those don't matter to me and we're not in the same time zone so Wheel or Jeopardy pre-emptions won't be the same. Save yourself the agitation for something else.
Travis L. Eberle