Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Name that Feud survey  (Read 3751 times)

BrandonFG

Name that Feud survey
« on: March 31, 2016, 08:36:47 PM »
Saw this over on the "Game Show Typefaces" thread, and I think this question has come up before, but here goes.

What was the Feud question that produced the above responses? With Dream House and PYL up there, I imagine it's from Feud's next-to-last season. From what I vaguely remember, the survey asked for popular game shows, but clarification would be appreciated.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Name that Feud survey
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 09:23:52 PM »
Can't be daytime, because LMAD syndicated when PYL was on the air, and #8 is Newlywed Game. So we're looking at 1985. Maybe just "name a game show where anyone can win."
Travis L. Eberle

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 09:28:08 PM »
Can't be daytime, because LMAD syndicated when PYL was on the air, and #8 is Newlywed Game. So we're looking at 1985. Maybe just "name a game show where anyone can win."
Wasn't Dream House off the air by 1984?  I could see it just being "Name a popular game show"--LMaD is still fairly well known, even if it wasn't airing.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

chad1m

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 09:31:25 PM »
Name a game show title that best describes your marriage.

Full survey:

Video:

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 09:41:57 PM »
Thanks, Chad.

Even with a 36-point difference, Dream House seems like an odd choice for #2.

/Surprised Jeopardy! wasn't up there
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

vtown7

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 06:34:48 AM »
So this popped up in my YT feed this morning.

I don't know what the rest of the answers are (I'm assuming this aired/will air this week in first run) but I find it curious to note that *three* answers tied for top spot.  I've got to think that could be a mess at the face off podium.  Has this situation happened before?

snowpeck

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 11:32:47 AM »
So this popped up in my YT feed this morning.

I don't know what the rest of the answers are (I'm assuming this aired/will air this week in first run) but I find it curious to note that *three* answers tied for top spot.  I've got to think that could be a mess at the face off podium.  Has this situation happened before?
That was last night's first run episode. The #2 answer was Let's Make a Deal, #7 was The Gong Show and #8 was Survivor.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 01:14:54 PM »

I saw a survey from a few years ago where the top four answers were each worth 12 points.