Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ebay Report 4/6/16--Jackets and more!  (Read 3568 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Ebay Report 4/6/16--Jackets and more!
« on: April 06, 2016, 11:55:42 PM »
I'll note that most of this seems very, very overpriced, but I thought I'd share some stuff I came across.

Here's a ticket to The Sky's the Limit.  Date of 9/26/1955.
Crew Jacket from Card Sharks.  Listed at $100, currently.
A briefcase bag from Mike Stokey's Stump the Stars.
I personally don't come across this one a lot in my searches...Finder's Keepers board game.
The 1980 electric Name That Tune.
A copy of Game Show Fevermagazine from 1987.
This one seems tougher to find..this was the lower priced of two copies.  The Gil Fates What's My Line book.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

Re: Ebay Report 4/6/16--Jackets and more!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 11:41:58 AM »
I think the seller of Game Show Fever magazine may be overestimating its value just a bit. Just call it a hunch. :P
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

RyanCDN

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 09:47:48 PM »
I agree, most of the things are there seem to be terribly overpriced.  I guess if someone sees value, at the given price, they will buy, but it is good to have a good laugh at how outrageous some of the items are.

-Ryan

I'll note that most of this seems very, very overpriced, but I thought I'd share some stuff I came across.

Here's a ticket to The Sky's the Limit.  Date of 9/26/1955.
Crew Jacket from Card Sharks.  Listed at $100, currently.
A briefcase bag from Mike Stokey's Stump the Stars.
I personally don't come across this one a lot in my searches...Finder's Keepers board game.
The 1980 electric Name That Tune.
A copy of Game Show Fevermagazine from 1987.
This one seems tougher to find..this was the lower priced of two copies.  The Gil Fates What's My Line book.

Ryan
“I’ll give away a Zed.”

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 08:25:45 AM »
The Fates book sold.  That was a fair price for a book that seems to always go for $50-$100 despite being fairly common.

The Stokey satchel is a neat, rare item and if I was still an avid collector, I'd have probably snatched it up for ten bucks.

But yeah, if anybody wants to give me a hundred bucks for my copy of the magazine, I'm all ears.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 10:46:24 AM »
I didn't save my copies of the two eps of Fever, but I remember the editorial quality was several orders of magnitude below that of TVGSM. I'm not sure I'd pay face value to replace 'em today.

@lambertman

calliaume

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 11:30:37 AM »
I got the Name That Tune game as a Christmas present and was pretty disappointed by it - it was a challenge to program.  (Also, I was 17 at the time, and finding people to play home games with me at almost any age growing up was difficult.)

Man, the members of those crews were tiny in the 1980s.  There's no way a medium would have fit me from the time I was 5' 9" onward (I was over six feet tall by the time I was 15).

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 02:11:53 AM »
I tell ya, if I ever see a crew jacket in my size or close to it, I might just buy it.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

calliaume

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 02:33:56 PM »
I tell ya, if I ever see a crew jacket in my size or close to it, I might just buy it.
I've got a 1990 LMaD jacket that fit me when I bought it in the late 1990s - it doesn't now.

Those satin-type jackets may be moving into the "charmingly retro" phase - I saw a few Cubs jackets with that look for sale at Meijer recently.