Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daily syndicated game shows that aired only on weekends  (Read 8141 times)

Big Brain

Re: Daily syndicated game shows that aired only on weekends
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 09:14:50 PM »
For a brief, but wonderful, period of time I believe WSB in Atlanta aired Kennedy TPIR on Saturday mornings - at 11am no less.  As a 7-year old who couldn't watch Price during the week save for holidays, that was a real treat although I couldn't figure out why they were calling it the "Nighttime" Price is Right  :)

golden-road

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 09:21:09 PM »
In Phoenix, NBC station KPNX aired TNPiR'94 on Sundays at 12:30PM, preempted for sporting events.

johnnya2k3

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2016, 05:48:27 PM »
According to Chris Lambert on the old ATGS newsgroup:
WISH in Indianapolis -- while they were still CBS -- had Every Second Counts on Saturday nights only while WTHI in Terre Haute later carried the Tom Kennedy TPIR also on Saturdays (just like WSB).

Had it cleared Atlanta, WSB could've ran Every Second Counts on the weekends only as well, since WAGA and WXIA already had fellow Group W shows "PM Magazine" and "Hour Magazine" respectively.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 10:10:53 PM by johnnya2k3 »

aaron sica

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2016, 06:45:27 PM »
Had it cleared Atlanta, WSB (or WAGA, since they were very loyal with Group W) could've ran Every Second Counts on the weekends only as well.

Would they have won one of your coveted "Awards" had they done that?

Jamey Greek

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2016, 09:50:15 PM »
WXIA aired Wheel on Saturday Nights during it's first season.   Also $100k Pyramid back to back with Wheel.  Also, I think WESH in Orlando aired $100k Pyramid only on Saturday nights. 

The CBS affiliate in Columbus MS only aired Davidson TNPIR I believe at 5:00

KNBC aired Lange NTT on Saturday nights

That Don Guy

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2016, 10:43:13 PM »
Two I can think of in San Francisco, although I am not certain the first one was a daily (and it wasn't on weekends):

For two years in the 1970s, KPIX ran Jack Narz Concentration only on Wednesday nights at 7:30 (and briefly ran Garry Moore To Tell the Truth, which KBHK had run daily, on Fridays before Name That Tune started).

KRON ran the first few episodes of Trebek Jeopardy! on Saturday nights.  I didn't know it was intended to be a daily until Alex said "We'll see you tomorrow" at the end of the first episode.

calliaume

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2016, 04:32:15 PM »
I seem to remember WNBC in New York ran Garry Moore's To Tell the Truth for a year on Saturday evenings sometime between 1973 and 1975, probably before Dennis James' The Price Is Right.  I'm sure G-T wasn't thrilled by this, but better to have a weekly appearance in the largest market than none at all.