Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy taping in DC in April..  (Read 4252 times)

weaklink75

Jeopardy taping in DC in April..
« on: March 02, 2016, 02:52:34 PM »
4 weeks of shows- the 2nd week of the Teacher's Tournament, both weeks of the Teen Tournament, and a "Power Players Week".

http://wjla.com/news/local/jeopardy-02-22-2016

BrandonFG

Re: Jeopardy taping in DC in April..
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 04:55:44 PM »
Might have to consider making my way up there for the Power Players tournament, even if it's just a quick day trip. Thanks for this!
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

jmangin

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 06:14:07 PM »
I went to a few tapings of Power Players week at DAR about 10 or so years ago. Overall, a good experience. Keeping in mind it was a decade ago and processes may have changed, waiting in line and getting seated during the day of taping was low key and very smooth. If you're nearby the metro area I'd recommend going.

weaklink75

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 01:12:28 PM »
They're doing the tickets thru Ticketmaster-

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/2216407

(this listing is for the Teen Tournament shows, which will be available on Monday the 7th- the Teacher's Tournament tickets will be up on the 14th, and the Power Players tickets on the 21st)

jmangin

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 09:21:44 PM »
A belated bump for this thread. I went to the episodes taped 4/12/16, which were the final two games of this year's Teen Tournament. Overall, it was a very similar experience as the last time I was there. Getting into DAR was very smooth, with entry and seating taking less than 15 minutes. The auditorium was less than half-full, but not surprising since it was a weekday taping at 4:00 pm. Alex was very cordial and laid back, taking several questions from audience members during the breaks. Overall, it was an enjoyable afternoon.

The top prize was increased to $100,000 from $75,000, which I believe had been in place for several years. Jimmy from the Clue Crew handled the warm-ups, with Sarah replacing Johnny Gilbert as announcer on these eps. Also, Jimmy stated these eps will not air in the immediate future, instead likely airing in the fall coinciding with the start of the new school year.

aaron sica

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 08:07:40 AM »
A belated bump for this thread. I went to the episodes taped 4/12/16, which were the final two games of this year's Teen Tournament. Overall, it was a very similar experience as the last time I was there. Getting into DAR was very smooth, with entry and seating taking less than 15 minutes. The auditorium was less than half-full, but not surprising since it was a weekday taping at 4:00 pm. Alex was very cordial and laid back, taking several questions from audience members during the breaks. Overall, it was an enjoyable afternoon.

The top prize was increased to $100,000 from $75,000, which I believe had been in place for several years. Jimmy from the Clue Crew handled the warm-ups, with Sarah replacing Johnny Gilbert as announcer on these eps. Also, Jimmy stated these eps will not air in the immediate future, instead likely airing in the fall coinciding with the start of the new school year.

She replaced Johnny as announcer at the ones I was at as well (two of the "Power Players" tournament games) , but I'm pretty sure it was said that she did the announcement for the audience since Johnny couldn't make the trip, but he'd do it in post.

Offshored2007

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 11:59:28 AM »
Went April 9th to the afternoon sessions. Alex was very entertaining. Other than that, you'll have to wait a few more weeks until the Power Players episodes air.