Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy! Question  (Read 3936 times)

GSRebich

Jeopardy! Question
« on: May 19, 2016, 02:54:48 PM »
Has there ever been a game of Jeopardy! where there was no Daily Double found during the entire game?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Jeopardy! Question
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 03:07:52 PM »
Go through Jeopardy Archive starting with the celebrity episodes.
Travis L. Eberle

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 03:49:05 PM »
Given that the two Daily Doubles in the second round have to be in different categories, I find it highly unlikely.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 04:53:31 PM »
I can absolutely believe that in a game with a lot of deadballs (and in the early days categories going untouched) that all three Daily Doubles would be left undiscovered. It was something I pondered on Tuesday.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 05:42:07 PM »
I can absolutely believe that in a game with a lot of deadballs (and in the early days categories going untouched) that all three Daily Doubles would be left undiscovered. It was something I pondered on Tuesday.
I thought of the first season myself. When the Jeopardy! DVD came out in the mid-2000s, I was surprised at how many clues remained on the board. Thing is, there aren't too many early episodes documented on the J! Archive...
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 06:38:54 PM »
The Jeopardy Book makes a reference to a category about Honduras making its way into three different games before anyone dove in. I wondered how that happened because I was accustomed to the faster play and fewer wrong answers not knowing about the rule change--one or two clues being unrevealed wasn't out of the ordinary but a whole category was unreal.
Travis L. Eberle

Flerbert419

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 11:09:58 PM »
The J! Archive doesn't contain any episodes that answer the question. Here's a game from this season though where only one Daily Double was found.

Given that the two Daily Doubles in the second round have to be in different categories, I find it highly unlikely.

Kids Week can never let you down. Or this gem.