Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WWTBAM moving to Las Vegas  (Read 8418 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: WWTBAM moving to Las Vegas
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 04:27:29 AM »
Tim, pardon my ignorance/curiosity, but where do you call home?

Colorado, west side of the Divide.

Gracias.

If you do decide to audition, however you do, knock 'em dead.

The one cool thing I can find from this is that the producers should still be able to find unique contestants from all walks, given the tourists who go to Vegas. Not just a bunch of pretty Central Casting faces.

And absolutely no guarantee that they'll use those people instead of the ones who look good for TV and may not be good game players.

Let's not forget these same producers (well, production companies for that matter) chose me, and I'm much more John Candy than Leonardo DiCaprio. :)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 05:46:15 AM »
How many shows based in Vegas have lasted more than a season?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

colonial

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 05:36:52 PM »
Tapings have been announced for July 18-September 1 at Bally's Jubilee Theater, via On Camera Audiences.

http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/Who_Wants_To_Be_A_Millionaire

Contestants and audience members can get a special "Millionaire" discount (20%) on their hotel stay at Bally's and sister hotels (Rio, Planet Hollywood, Flamingo) during that period.

Tickets do not appear to be available yet, and nothing is mentioned yet about the tapings on the Bally's site (click on "shows" and you get a disturbing shot of Wayne Newton turning into the Crypt Keeper).

JD

SamJ93

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 06:54:16 PM »
Bally's theatre is a traditional proscenium stage. Assuming they're not making massive renovations just for this show, will this be the first version of Millionaire worldwide to not have a theatre-in-the-round audience?
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2016, 01:05:51 AM »
Bally's theatre is a traditional proscenium stage. Assuming they're not making massive renovations just for this show, will this be the first version of Millionaire worldwide to not have a theatre-in-the-round audience?

I'm guessing they'll do something similar to what the WSOP does for the Main Event final table.

Although you have an enormous audience in the normal seats, they still have an audience in the round around the action.