Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Harry Friedman, Guinness World Record holding Executive Procuder  (Read 7453 times)

Adam Nedeff

Re: Harry Friedman, Guinness World Record holding Executive Procuder
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 01:29:44 AM »
The Love Experts:  130 (A guess.  Daily syndication, but how many did they make?)
I don't have my source article anymore, but when I was researching Quizmaster, I seem to recall coming across an article where Bob indicated that he was on the hook for 195 episodes (39 weeks). That would bring our total to 10,868. BUT...

There were 2,263 Price episodes and he was there for just about all of it.

Bob departed from TPIR with about a year to go, so subtract 250 from that number, and that brings the best-guess estimate down to 10,618.

tvwxman

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 10:10:27 AM »
Not to throw more tinder into the fire, but Harry also produced a lot of Heatter Quigley shows, didn't he? Or do I have my job titles wrong.

Squares, High Rollers, come to mind.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 10:18:46 AM »
Not to throw more tinder into the fire, but Harry also produced a lot of Heatter Quigley shows, didn't he? Or do I have my job titles wrong.

The Guinness story says they took those into account.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 06:22:27 PM »
My math suggests about 4,200 for Pyramid, give or take. I managed to dig up Kris Lane's old Pyramid archives, and when multiplying the number of weeks by five episodes, I got 4,275. Now, take away all the episodes preempted for Watergate or Iran Contra hearings, or whatever holiday parade, and I'd say 4,200-4,250?
I don't think you take away for the Watergate or Iran Contra stuff because won't those just get moved a day back? What you deduct for is New Year's football, Thanksgiving parades and the like, which would probably get you to the number range that you suggest.

Four thousand episodes of Pyramid is a feat to be lauded.
Travis L. Eberle

Otm Shank

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 10:10:14 PM »
Four thousand episodes of Pyramid is a feat to be lauded.
Maybe we could do that by declaring a new world record out of thin air.

Unrealtor

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 11:06:15 PM »
My math suggests about 4,200 for Pyramid, give or take. I managed to dig up Kris Lane's old Pyramid archives, and when multiplying the number of weeks by five episodes, I got 4,275. Now, take away all the episodes preempted for Watergate or Iran Contra hearings, or whatever holiday parade, and I'd say 4,200-4,250?
I don't think you take away for the Watergate or Iran Contra stuff because won't those just get moved a day back? What you deduct for is New Year's football, Thanksgiving parades and the like, which would probably get you to the number range that you suggest.

Probably depends on how often they tried to get their production weeks and the air weeks back in sync. I remember hearing that the summer and fall of '73 were so bad for pre-emptions that Goodson eventually gave up trying to do it with the early weeks of Match Game and just produced five episodes at a time until it was over.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."