Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Challenge TV picks up Harvey Feud  (Read 7095 times)

Allstar87

Challenge TV picks up Harvey Feud
« on: June 04, 2016, 10:49:15 AM »
Because there just aren't enough channels that rerun it. No word on what season they picked up.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1018227574899548&id=164584503597197&fs=5

aaron sica

Re: Challenge TV picks up Harvey Feud
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 11:13:48 AM »
It's too bad there's not a way (at least that I have found) to stream Challenge TV in the US again (not for Harvey Feud, of course).

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 11:37:03 AM »
One hopes they'll show more restraint with it than GSN has.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

gsfan85

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 01:00:34 PM »
It's too bad there's not a way (at least that I have found) to stream Challenge TV in the US again (not for Harvey Feud, of course).

uktveverywhere.com

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 01:06:38 PM »
Thanks for the link- any FREE way, I wonder? I found that with Tunnelbear, I can stream some OTA channels from the UK, and CBC from Canada (thanks again Buzzerblog for recommending that program), but no Challenge TV as it's not OTA.

tvmitch

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 01:20:39 PM »

uktveverywhere.com

This is an intriguing product and service. Very interesting.
You should follow me on Twitter

Thunder

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 01:34:28 PM »

One should realize that if it's drawing ratings and making money for a network, then one should mind their own business accordingly.

aaron sica

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 01:36:56 PM »

uktveverywhere.com

That, it is. Mind you, I don't want to pay for it because I'm cheap, but rather, for the same exact reason that happened the last time (when nowhere.tv carried Challenge). Pay or not, it could easily go at any time because I would imagine there's some copyright law that's being broken to do this. Getting my money back from that could be a nightmare, if that website shuts down.

gsfan85

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 01:47:55 PM »

uktveverywhere.com

That, it is. Mind you, I don't want to pay for it because I'm cheap, but rather, for the same exact reason that happened the last time (when nowhere.tv carried Challenge). Pay or not, it could easily go at any time because I would imagine there's some copyright law that's being broken to do this. Getting my money back from that could be a nightmare, if that website shuts down.

If it makes you feel better, I've had UK TV Everywhere since 2013 and have had nothing but great service, and no issue.  It's meant for British people living in the states.  People like Piers Morgan and Alan Sugar have tweeted about them using it.

It works like Netflix (using your ethernet or WiFi).  You can stick a USB in the front or back, and download shows to it (a la a DVR).  Or, you can hook it up to a DVD recorder (yes, US DVD recorders work) using RCA and record shows that way.

Hope that helps!

trainman

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 08:35:26 PM »
I found that with Tunnelbear, I can stream some OTA channels from the UK, and CBC from Canada (thanks again Buzzerblog for recommending that program), but no Challenge TV as it's not OTA.

It actually is OTA -- it's part of the Freeview digital lineup. (When I was traveling around the UK, primarily Scotland, in September 2014, it was available in every place I stayed except one hotel on the Isle of Skye that only got the BBC and ITV channels.)
trainman is a man of trains

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 02:14:37 AM »

One should realize that if it's drawing ratings and making money for a network, then one should mind their own business accordingly.
One should also realize that if one wishes to express their displeasure with something with a simple snarky comment, and not some spazzy, exclamation point laden response, it is within that person's right to do so.

I don't like all of the Harvey Feud on GSN, I don't watch it. What a shock. I also realize how business works, but thanks for the refresher course. I think I'm ready to start my own game show channel startup now.

But please, call me out, as I'm sure you must've done the other hundreds of times people have criticized GSN/Harvey Feud with snark over the years.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 03:14:46 AM »
Is this the first American show Challenge TV has ever aired?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 03:35:33 AM »

Don't know about game shows but the network has been the UK home of TNA Wrestling (which amazingly still exists) since 2011. If that counts for anything.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Brig Bother

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2016, 07:02:34 AM »

No, it was showing The Chase US recently.

gsfan85

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 10:14:39 AM »

No, it was showing The Chase US recently.

They also show Wipeout and American Ninja Warrior.