Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Heads-Up for tonight... (at least for NBC Affiliates)  (Read 3399 times)

brianhenke

Heads-Up for tonight... (at least for NBC Affiliates)
« on: July 08, 2016, 05:07:00 PM »
     WTHR in Indianapolis tweeted that WOF will be moved to a digital subchannel so the station can air a expanded one-hour NBC Nightly News devoted to the Dallas police murders. (ABC or CBS, AFAIK, have not announced any plans.)

So if a game show (J!/WOF, etc.) is on at 7 on an NBC affil in your area, it might have be on another channel.

Brian

UPDATED: CBS is airing an expanded one-hour Evening News.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 07:01:43 PM by brianhenke »
The leaves start to change color in May?

chrisholland03

Re: Heads-Up for tonight... (at least for NBC Affiliates)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 09:36:23 AM »
The world is ending, amirite?

;D

Thunder

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 02:17:29 PM »
Because this is a topic very closely related to my career path, I will just say that I am glad that the priorities are correct.

Fedya

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 03:13:39 PM »
Since I don't watch the network nightly news, was there enough new news going on that they needed more than a half hour?  I mean real news, not just rehashing stuff everybody already knew from the morning news shows.

It's like local news covering snowstorms here in the Northeast.  Breaking into programming for a tornado warning would be one thing; showing the same crap about how traffic is bad out there for hours on end is pointless.  I'm reminded of one storm (I think it was the Presidents' Day storm of 2003) where I spent almost an hour watching the NYC channels waiting for them to get to the radar or tell us when the snow would stop, but nothing.  I switched to one of the Albany channels, and they had a small break at the top of the hour giving us that information.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Thunder

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 04:25:17 PM »
Disclaimer: I am highly biased on this subject because my line of work is being targeted. My and my family's daily routines have been altered because of these things.

Yes, there is. And there's a lot of people out there that are still blissfully unaware of what happened in Dallas (as well as the other targeted attacks on law enforcement).

I get as-it-happens bulletins on these developing situations because of my job. Even then, they don't tell me everything about the situations.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 04:41:31 PM »
The world is ending, amirite?

;D

Not laughing.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 04:56:35 PM »
Disclaimer: I am highly biased on this subject because my line of work is being targeted. My and my family's daily routines have been altered because of these things.

Yes, there is. And there's a lot of people out there that are still blissfully unaware of what happened in Dallas (as well as the other targeted attacks on law enforcement).

I get as-it-happens bulletins on these developing situations because of my job. Even then, they don't tell me everything about the situations.
Stay safe out there, man...
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!