Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Rebus Game question  (Read 2927 times)

thomas_meighan

The Rebus Game question
« on: September 01, 2016, 06:18:52 PM »
The section of the CBS Television City website that provides an index of the shows produced there over the years (http://www.cbstelevisioncity.com/shows) contains an intriguing entry in 1965. Between March and September of that year, a program with the name "Rebus" originated from each of the 4 stages at various points. Given the time frame, the only plausible show this could refer to is The Rebus Game, which aired on ABC at 1 p.m. weekdays during that period.

The EOTVGS, however, indicates that The Rebus Game originated from the ABC TV Center in Hollywood. While the book's studio listings aren't always infallible, this is enough of a discrepancy that I wanted to ask what the members of this board know. Does anyone have a ticket from The Rebus Game, or a production photo that shows the cameras (which might have had a logo on them)?

bricon

Re: The Rebus Game question
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 06:13:18 PM »
While I can't confirm if any episodes were done at ABC, I do have a scan for a Rebus Game ticket dated 5/25/65 and taped at Television City, studio 31.

thomas_meighan

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 06:36:58 PM »
Wonderful to know -- many thanks!

I suppose the next question is "why?" Was the Prospect lot *that* busy at the time, or did Jack Linkletter's dad make arrangements to have the show done at CBS...or something else entirely?

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 12:19:23 AM »
Wonderful to know -- many thanks!

I suppose the next question is "why?" Was the Prospect lot *that* busy at the time, or did Jack Linkletter's dad make arrangements to have the show done at CBS...or something else entirely?

Carpool?  :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.