Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gametek Super Password  (Read 3335 times)

jmangin

Gametek Super Password
« on: September 07, 2016, 06:44:20 PM »
Years ago, back in the days of my 1997 Thinkpad 365XD and the old newsgroup, I remember playing the Gametek version of Super Password. Not sure how I backed into the game files, but I do recall finding something that had the passwords & puzzles used in the software.

I've been playing Password Plus at game nights for ages but would love to revamp the software I've written into Super Password with the Cashword game.

Does anyone have this old software and the data used for game files within the game? Specifically, I'm looking for a lengthy list of Cashwords I can use in the software I've already coded. If not, I'd be happy if someone had a couple dozen Cashwords used on the program to incorporate into my software.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated as always.

Thanks.

aaron sica

Re: Gametek Super Password
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 08:43:47 PM »
Years ago, back in the days of my 1997 Thinkpad 365XD and the old newsgroup, I remember playing the Gametek version of Super Password. Not sure how I backed into the game files, but I do recall finding something that had the passwords & puzzles used in the software.

I've been playing Password Plus at game nights for ages but would love to revamp the software I've written into Super Password with the Cashword game.

Does anyone have this old software and the data used for game files within the game? Specifically, I'm looking for a lengthy list of Cashwords I can use in the software I've already coded. If not, I'd be happy if someone had a couple dozen Cashwords used on the program to incorporate into my software.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated as always.

Thanks.

If you do some looking around, you can find a Commodore 64 emulator and a bunch of Gametek games. I have Super Password, among others (Wheel, Feud, Card Sharks, Classic Concentration, etc.). I don't know how you would get into the data files but I'm sure there's a way.

Sodboy13

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 10:24:49 PM »
Here's a link to download the software, which I presume has all the game files out in the open as it was originally:

http://www.myabandonware.com/game/super-password-j6
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 11:33:21 PM »
The PC one does, the C64 one appears to be disk images. I would bet the data files of the PC one could be cracked open with a decent hex editor; I can't see them bothering with encryption of any sort.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe