Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy! revival in Germany  (Read 4495 times)

Bob Zager

Jeopardy! revival in Germany
« on: September 07, 2016, 11:37:09 AM »
Thought I'd show a couple of pictures of the new German edition of Jeopardy!'s set.  The game board is one huge screen!

https://s18.postimg.io/4drm28rjd/Screen_Shot_2016_09_05_at_2_57_46_PM.png

It this next picture, notice the clue value configuration:

https://s22.postimg.io/71fq7yqs1/Screen_Shot_2016_09_05_at_2_58_30_PM.png

This set kinda reminds me of a cross between our American series' set (from 1992 to 1996), and that of WWTBAM.

Neumms

Re: Jeopardy! revival in Germany
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 06:05:46 PM »
Wasn't it called Riskant! before? The escalation of the answer values would encourage bouncing around the board, no?

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 06:16:06 PM »
Years ago, when Weakest Link first took off, I swear there was an article where US Jeopardy! was considering a similar look*. I imagine it would've looked something like the German one.

*/Source...Alex actually alludes to an "audience in the round"
//Although I always thought the mishmash of hanging tiles set was weird and random
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Clay Zambo

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 01:26:54 PM »
Now, that is one shiny floor!
czambo@mac.com

pacdude

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 05:35:01 PM »
RTLPlus is bringing Glüksrad, Ruck Zuck, Familen Duell and Jeopardy, and they're doing it on the same set for all 4.

Feud and Jeopardy! are airing until the end of October, where they'll be replaced with Hot Streak and Wheel.

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 05:40:32 PM »
Honestly...I actually don't hate the idea of shooting different shows on one set. Not the most creative idea, but from an economic standpoint, I love it. Reminds me of what our PBS  stations does for the city's numerous public access shows. Also kinda reminds me of what Fremantle does for its Youtube game shows. Rearrange accordingly, and you've got four different shows. Smart.

Looking at the Buzzerblog pics, I didn't realize the J! logo is actually on a projection screen. I can't tell; are the arcs on the backdrop part of the projection screen as well, or are they simply moved around the set accordingly?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

alfonzos

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 11:42:25 PM »
I like it; especially the big letters on the wall. I wish the American version would bring back the big letters on the wall.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

weaklink75

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 10:45:54 AM »
Really weird clue values- the last clue is worth more than the rest of the category combined, which doesn't seem right. A 25-50-75-100-125 value set seems more natural (and would have a total value less than the values here- 375 compared to 430).

No problem with the interchangable set- saves money, and other than the Glucksrad wheel there are no really important set pieces that are unique to an individual show..

Jay Temple

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 10:50:16 AM »
Really weird clue values- the last clue is worth more than the rest of the category combined, which doesn't seem right.
And the next-to-last clue is worth more than the preceding ones combined.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.