Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MOGSM Question  (Read 3221 times)

CBSJokersWildFan

MOGSM Question
« on: January 21, 2004, 12:17:55 PM »
Are there any plans for NBC to air future installments of the Most Outrageous Game Show Moments series in the works?

digiblader

MOGSM Question
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 12:22:39 PM »
As of right now, not that I know of..

uncamark

MOGSM Question
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 12:28:26 PM »
[quote name=\'CBSJokersWildFan\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 12:17 PM\']Are there any plans for NBC to air future installments of the Most Outrageous Game Show Moments series in the works?[/quote]
The fact that Scott and Damien have already produced and aired a "Most Outrageous Moments on Live TV" special for NBC--wtih the same graphics, music and general format as the game show specials--would seem to indicate that the game show well has run dry for now.

Nothing is set in stone, however--it could come back in a few years once they find enough clips for an hour.

Kevin Prather

MOGSM Question
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 06:20:39 PM »
If people do local game shows, and they have on video an "outrageous clip", can they send it in for possible inclusion?

uncamark

MOGSM Question
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 11:54:25 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 06:20 PM\']If people do local game shows, and they have on video an "outrageous clip", can they send it in for possible inclusion?[/quote]
I have the feeling that Scott and Damien would welcome it with open arms--some of the "live moments" in the recent special looked more like news outtakes than actual live shots.

Kevin Prather

MOGSM Question
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2004, 06:06:31 PM »
Cool! Matt O., something to consider, perhaps? Get your face on NBC?

calliaume

MOGSM Question
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2004, 06:29:00 PM »
[quote name=\'CBSJokersWildFan\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 12:17 PM\'] Are there any plans for NBC to air future installments of the Most Outrageous Game Show Moments series in the works? [/quote]
 My contact on the production staff has moved on to other things, so I'm not certain they'd contact me -- but I think they've pretty much done all they can do.

The reruns do keep popping up on VH1, so tell your family and friends to check their local listings.

Jimmy Owen

MOGSM Question
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2004, 06:36:23 PM »
One of the things that bothered me about those shows is that the producers really didn't go through the vaults for these "moments," they pretty much relied on fan input (and their tapes) to put together the shows.  There's so much more that should be unearthed by those who have access to the studio vaults, stuff that maybe we have never seen before.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Kevin Prather

MOGSM Question
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2004, 06:45:25 PM »
Like the "ass whoopee" incident.

gameshowguy2000

MOGSM Question
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2004, 07:08:31 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 22 2004, 05:45 PM\'] Like the "ass whoopee" incident. [/quote]
 And, as Bob Eubanks pointed out, that's retired now. It's already back in the vault, locked up as we speak.

Matt Ottinger

MOGSM Question
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2004, 07:35:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 22 2004, 07:36 PM\'] There's so much more that should be unearthed by those who have access to the studio vaults, stuff that maybe we have never seen before. [/quote]
 Two problems with that, unfortunately.  They really didn't have unlimited access to "the vaults".  GSN and others were helpful to them if they had a reasonably good idea of the specific clips that they were looking for, but they weren't just let loose to dig around and see what they could find.  

Also, there's the issue of how unproductive it would have been to sit and watch show after show without any idea when you might stumble across a gem.  The rarity of what they had access to wasn't really an issue with them.  In the case of Curt's friend, she didn't even have a clue which shows were more treasured by collectors.  In fact, they probably preferred to focus on clips from shows the general audience remembered, like Family Feud and The Newlywed Game.

Unfortunately, we know perfectly well that there's a ton of stuff "in the vaults" that we'd love to see, but there's just not a business model that makes it worth anybody's time or effort to show it to us.  We once thought that was what GSN was going to be for, but while we've certainly been blessed over the years with what they've given us, I think it's safe to say that, at least in terms of forgotten gems, that well has run dry.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jimmy Owen

MOGSM Question
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2004, 08:03:26 PM »
I was unaware of the extent of the access, you're right, if one doesn't know what to look for, it's impossible to ask to see it.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
MOGSM Question
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2004, 10:28:13 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 22 2004, 05:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 22 2004, 05:45 PM\'] Like the "ass whoopee" incident. [/quote]
And, as Bob Eubanks pointed out, that's retired now. It's already back in the vault, locked up as we speak. [/quote]
 Do you REALLY think that clip is "retired" on Eubanks' say-so?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

gameshowguy2000

MOGSM Question
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2004, 12:22:58 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 22 2004, 09:28 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 22 2004, 05:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 22 2004, 05:45 PM\'] Like the "ass whoopee" incident. [/quote]
And, as Bob Eubanks pointed out, that's retired now. It's already back in the vault, locked up as we speak. [/quote]
Do you REALLY think that clip is "retired" on Eubanks' say-so? [/quote]
 Well, Eubanks clearly said that he didn't want it to air again.

It was either the 3rd or 4th special where Bob said that the "Whoopee" clip wouldn't air again after that special.

Don't believe me?

Robert Hutchinson

MOGSM Question
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2004, 01:36:37 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 23 2004, 12:22 AM\']It was either the 3rd or 4th special where Bob said that the "Whoopee" clip wouldn't air again after that special.[/quote]
Yeah, and it was 20 solid years straight before that special where Bob said that the clip absolutely, undeniably, categorically did not exist.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin