Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hispanic College Quiz.  (Read 2597 times)

Jimmy Owen

Hispanic College Quiz.
« on: September 18, 2016, 03:31:37 PM »
ABC 12 in Flint, MI  is showing a marathon (4 episodes) of this show, which I had never heard of before.  On until 5 pm on ABC 12.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Chuck Sutton

Re: Hispanic College Quiz.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 03:36:12 PM »
As well Bouncetv is showing Black College Quiz Saturday mornings.  Never heard of either myself before.

That Don Guy

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 05:13:45 PM »
I have heard of Honda Campus All-Star Challenge, which, for lack of a more accurate way to describe it, was "Historically Black College Bowl" (in fact, the College Bowl parent organization ran, or at least licensed, it) until it changed its format to match one used in an African tournament a few years ago.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 05:32:22 PM »
I have heard of Honda Campus All-Star Challenge, which, for lack of a more accurate way to describe it, was "Historically Black College Bowl" (in fact, the College Bowl parent organization ran, or at least licensed, it)
That's exactly what it was; a tournament for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). It aired on BET in the early-90s; Wiki says the TV version hasn't aired in about 20 years.

In college, I participated on a couple of qualifier teams that competed for the chance to be the university's official representative.

/We didn't make it very far :P
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 11:52:46 PM »
I played for Alcorn State from 2005 to 09. HCASC has a nifty production for the final playoff matches, which resemble the TV show, but without an actual broadcast.

Black College Quiz is the spiritual successor to Know Your Heritage. The reason the marathons are so short is because the first run shows are broadcast weekly during Black History Month. Same for Hispanic College Quiz and Hispanic Heritage Month.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.