Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ebay Buy It Now: 1984 TV Guide Cover Portrait  (Read 2503 times)

Matt Ottinger

Ebay Buy It Now: 1984 TV Guide Cover Portrait
« on: September 23, 2016, 09:28:29 AM »
It's not clear from the description, but these are big (16x20) poster-sized things that would be a nice addition to a collector's wall.  I have two from the sixties with the I've Got a Secret cast on them.  At a buy-it-now price of $66 (including shipping), somebody's going to want this.  Maybe you?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TV-GUIDE-Cover-Portrait-Jan-21-1984-/112145954223?hash=item1a1c6b75af:g:y0sAAOSwTA9X5GWm
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

Re: Ebay Buy It Now: 1984 TV Guide Cover Portrait
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 01:43:06 PM »
I've been wanting to start collecting movie posters and other quirky odds and ends to hang up in my apartment. As much as I'd love to have that poster (makes for a nice conversation piece), I'm afraid $66 is a little too steep for my budget this week.

Bummer.

/It even has the photo mat!
//Not to be confused with Mat Otinger
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

Re: Ebay Buy It Now: 1984 TV Guide Cover Portrait
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 03:01:00 PM »
Here's a fascinating collection of them, but you have to click each one individually to see it.  At the beginning of the page and again at the end, there are some interesting details about what they are and how rare they are.  Prices at this site are even higher than the one on Ebay, but this site's been up a long time and I don't think he's selling many at the prices he charges.

There are some oddities, though.  The one he has of Bill Cullen, for example, is not a cover portrait (despite his best guesses).

http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/celebrity/tvguideportraits.htm
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.