Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Airline" on A&E  (Read 2737 times)

ClockGameJohn

"Airline" on A&E
« on: January 19, 2004, 11:04:42 PM »
My TV was set to A & E for some reason and I happened to catch some shots of the show "Airline." Tonights episode included a GREAT behind the scenes look at someone who flew to Los Angeles to attend a taping of the Price is Right. There were some recent shots of Randy warming up the audience, Roger, Bob, the models, and lots of cool stuff. Everything from the lineup in the AM to the interview process and final show taping was shown.

I'll definately be working on getting captures of a future airing of this show if possible.

Did anyone know that this show was to come about?

RANDY - You were all over it!  :)

Looks like it will re-air at 2:30AM Eastern time.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2004, 11:09:47 PM by ClockGameJohn »

ClockGameJohn

"Airline" on A&E
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 03:15:07 AM »
Well, I caught the re-air.  Pretty nice piece on the show.  Gives everyone an idea of what it is like to travel cross country to go fulfill a lifelong dream.  (As so many of us have done!)

The lady they were following seemed like she would be a good contestant.  The only thing I noticed was that she's been watching TPiR for 35 years.  I wish I had those additional 3 years on tape.   ;-)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 03:33:09 AM by ClockGameJohn »

inturnaround

"Airline" on A&E
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 03:27:50 AM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 03:15 AM\'] Well, I caught the re-air.  Pretty nice piece on the show.  Gives everyone an idea of what it is like to travel cross country to go fulfill a lifelong dream.

The lady they were following seemed like she would be a good contestant.  The only thing I noticed was that she's been watching TPiR for 35 years.  I wish I had those additional 3 years on tape.   ;-) [/quote]
 And she said she'd been watching since high school...so that would mean she was around 50, at least. She did NOT look 50. She looked much younger. Cool of Southwest to do the impromptu TPIR game on the plane.

But yes, I agree, it was a good look behind the scenes and I liked how it was interspersed with the woman waiting on standby at the airport.

Hey, one of these days I'm gonna get my lazy butt to see TPiR...one of these days. :)
Joe Coughlin     
Human

tvrandywest

"Airline" on A&E
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 04:08:32 PM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 08:04 PM\'] RANDY - You were all over it!  :)

[/quote]
 Once again in my life, I am clueless!

I'm doing TPIR's stage show in Reno this week and didn't see the A&E show. Does ANYONE have it on VHS or TIVO? I'd love to see it. Anyone? Thanks in advance. I'll check back in a day or two. I'll owe you one   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

tommycharles

"Airline" on A&E
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 04:11:03 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 04:08 PM\']

I'm doing TPIR's stage show in Reno this week and didn't see the A&E show. Does ANYONE have it on VHS or TIVO? I'd love to see it. Anyone? Thanks in advance. I'll check back in a day or two. I'll owe you one   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 "Doing" as in hosting?? How is that going for you??

T

tvrandywest

"Airline" on A&E
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2004, 04:18:54 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 01:11 PM\'] [quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 04:08 PM\']

I'm doing TPIR's stage show in Reno this week and didn't see the A&E show. Does ANYONE have it on VHS or TIVO? I'd love to see it. Anyone? Thanks in advance. I'll check back in a day or two. I'll owe you one   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
"Doing" as in hosting?? How is that going for you??

T [/quote]
 Chris Harrison ("The Bachelor") is hosting; I'm sidekick/announcer/warm-up. It ROCKS! Great fun with some great producers running the show - know the names: Andy FELSHER and Cathy DAWSON?   ;-)

Now about that A&E episode... anyone?

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

inturnaround

"Airline" on A&E
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 04:30:06 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 04:18 PM\'] Now about that A&E episode... anyone?

[/quote]
 Well, I didn't tape it, but I can tell you that according the the A&E website, the episode in question "Winners and Losers" reairs on Sunday at 11:30 AM ET and then a few hours later early Monday morning at 3:30 AM ET.

Hope your enjoying your time in Nevada! Don't let them have your paycheck back at the tables!
Joe Coughlin     
Human

catkins522

"Airline" on A&E
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 04:41:39 PM »
reairs on Sunday at 11:30 AM ET and then a few hours later early Monday morning at 3:30 AM ET.

Don't you mean 11:30 PM?  ;-)

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

inturnaround

"Airline" on A&E
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2004, 04:47:20 PM »
[quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 04:41 PM\']
reairs on Sunday at 11:30 AM ET and then a few hours later early Monday morning at 3:30 AM ET.

Don't you mean 11:30 PM?  ;-)

Charles [/quote]
 Well, yes...but if I didn't make mistakes, you'd be on to the secret that I'm actually a game show AI program. ;)

It is, indeed, 11:30 PM Eastern Sunday. My bad. The Monday morning reair is as I said, at 3:30AM Eastern early Monday morn.

I don't know if A&E has a west coast feed, so check your local listings for showtimes on the west coast.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

ClockGameJohn

"Airline" on A&E
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2004, 05:08:04 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 04:18 PM\'] Now about that A&E episode... anyone?
 [/quote]
Randy,

I've got it saved.  I'll e-mail you.

If you're really lost...my super sleuth detective skills have determined that this piece was taped at the October 7, 2003 show.  (Airdate) [Taped July 9, 2003]
« Last Edit: January 21, 2004, 05:53:32 PM by ClockGameJohn »