Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Announcer and model schedule for Feb.  (Read 10117 times)

tvrandywest

TPIR Announcer and model schedule for Feb.
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2004, 02:43:33 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Jan 26 2004, 11:31 AM\'] Not to take away from present company, but I heard that Edd Hall is gonna have a lot of time on his hands after March.... you think he'd audition? [/quote]
 Edd has reportedly declined the invitation to audition for "Price".

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2004, 03:07:59 PM »
You've heard Edd Hall for years. Do you think he's right for TPIR? I certainly don't, and wouldn't even have extended him an invitation to audition. Maybe some other gig, but not TPIR.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 03:10:02 PM by chris319 »

tommycharles

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2004, 03:45:52 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Jan 26 2004, 02:31 PM\'] Not to take away from present company, but I heard that Edd Hall is gonna have a lot of time on his hands after March.... you think he'd audition? [/quote]
 Is he leaving Leno? I hadn't heard this - did he get fired or what? Sorry this is wildly off topic, but can I get a link or something?

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2004, 09:14:49 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Jan 26 2004, 04:45 PM\'] Is he leaving Leno? I hadn't heard this - did he get fired or what? Sorry this is wildly off topic, but can I get a link or something? [/quote]
 Okey-dokey:
http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/16562.htm
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2004, 09:23:43 PM »
golden-road.net is saying that the "Art Sanders" listed for Feburary is actually Art Astor, a longtime radio personality in the area.

As for Daniel Rosen back....even I could do a better job then him.

Terry K

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2004, 04:50:48 AM »
Now, can we imagine Randy doing the Tonight Show?

Let's keep him on TPIR.  That's just me though.

I tuned into TPIR today, and could tell the announcing had been kicked up a few notches...didn't take long to figure out it was Randy's voice :D

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2004, 09:15:36 AM »
Since they don't seem to want anyone permanent, I'd like to see Johnny Gilbert announce a couple of TPIRs.  Of course, he'd have to remember that there is a different host than when he last announced the show.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Don Howard

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2004, 09:20:23 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 27 2004, 09:15 AM\'] Since they don't seem to want anyone permanent, I'd like to see Johnny Gilbert announce a couple of TPIRs.  Of course, he'd have to remember that there is a different host than when he last announced the show. [/quote]
 He's got the enthusiasm, that's for sure. His introductions on The $25,000 and $100,000 Pyramids were electrifying.

drmusic_99

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2004, 12:10:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 27 2004, 09:15 AM\'] Since they don't seem to want anyone permanent, I'd like to see Johnny Gilbert announce a couple of TPIRs.  Of course, he'd have to remember that there is a different host than when he last announced the show. [/quote]
 Well, while we're on THIS tack, why not bring in Gene Wood for a week of shows, just for fun? :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2004, 12:24:02 PM »
[quote name=\'drmusic_99\' date=\'Jan 27 2004, 10:10 AM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 27 2004, 09:15 AM\'] Since they don't seem to want anyone permanent, I'd like to see Johnny Gilbert announce a couple of TPIRs.  Of course, he'd have to remember that there is a different host than when he last announced the show. [/quote]
Well, while we're on THIS tack, why not bring in Gene Wood for a week of shows, just for fun? :) [/quote]
 Someone brought that up on the previous page. I thought it was a poor idea then, and I do now.

Having Gilbert do it would be a PISS-poor idea, IMO, as well.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

GS Warehouse

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2004, 04:23:18 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 27 2004, 12:24 PM\'] Having Gilbert do it would be a PISS-poor idea, IMO, as well. [/quote]
I can do even worse: Gilbert Gottfried!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2004, 04:23:36 PM by GS Warehouse »

cmjb13

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2004, 05:46:06 PM »
I hope we don't get any late night announcers
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2004, 07:16:07 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jan 27 2004, 04:46 PM\'] I hope we don't get any late night announcers [/quote]
 You mean, we're gonna say NO to Alan Kalter?

He did a great job doing the Ticket Plug, and I'm confident about it, having listened to the clip on JRJ's site.

So, if he did great with the Ticket Plug, he'll also do well with the remaining announcer duties.

Casey

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2004, 07:33:48 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 27 2004, 07:16 PM\']
You mean, we're gonna say NO to Alan Kalter?

He did a great job doing the Ticket Plug, and I'm confident about it, having listened to the clip on JRJ's site.

So, if he did great with the Ticket Plug, he'll also do well with the remaining announcer duties. [/quote]
 The ticket plug takes, what, 30 seconds to read?  Compared to the entire amount of copy that is required of the announcer, it's a very small percentage.  

Was he even in the studio when he recorded the ticket plug?  If not, you can't even compare it.

uncamark

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2004, 08:24:56 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jan 26 2004, 09:23 PM\']golden-road.net is saying that the "Art Sanders" listed for Feburary is actually Art Astor, a longtime radio personality in the area. [/quote]
And a radio station owner in San Diego.  He also was an executive for Drake-Chenault, the programming company run by Bill Drake, the man behind "Boss Radio."

An article I found on him from Google from last year says that he's 77 (perhaps 78 by now).  That's right, an announcer only a few years younger than Barker.  If the guy can handle it, go for it, but that sure seems weird, especially from Fremantle--but since he still owns the radio stations, he seems to be doing this just for the hell of it.  Maybe he and Barker are golfing buddies.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2004, 08:43:36 PM by uncamark »