Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Caesars Challenge Question  (Read 8073 times)

GSRebich

Caesars Challenge Question
« on: October 14, 2016, 10:44:38 PM »
According to the rules of Caesars Challenge, the winning player receives a prize package equaled to their cash total. For example, if the champion's final score was $7,400, s/he received $7,400 in prizes.

Do they have some sort of system to add up the retail values of the prizes to make it exactly equaled to their cash total?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Caesars Challenge Question
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 11:24:02 PM »
According to the rules of Caesars Challenge, the winning player receives a prize package equaled to their cash total. For example, if the champion's final score was $7,400, s/he received $7,400 in prizes.

Do they have some sort of system to add up the retail values of the prizes to make it exactly equaled to their cash total?
I don't recall the first thing being the case because they didn't announce the prices of the prizes bought (or awarded, after shopping was done away with) My guess is no, they had no such system in place, similar to how they didn't on Tic Tac Dough or Joker's Wild.

/Almost typed Tic Taco Dough by mistake
//Mmm tacos.
Travis L. Eberle

Clay Zambo

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 10:17:32 AM »
I was going to say "math." ;)

My guess is no, too, but I'm sure they err on the high side for a buck or two.

Or maybe there's a gift certificate in there, too, as there was on Shopping-era WHEEL.
czambo@mac.com

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 11:30:24 AM »

The earliest episodes did have pseudo-shopping, but you didn't get change.  Later episodes had predetermined prize packages based on your tier of winnings.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

oaklandfan2kx

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 05:21:07 PM »
But if the contestant wins at least 10 Grand, They get all the prizes and the rest in cash?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 05:54:20 PM »
Nope, they get the marquee prize and other prizes.
Travis L. Eberle

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 09:02:13 PM »
I recall that when Neil Bines won over $20,000, Ahmad practically named every prize they had on offer when announcing Neil's winnings.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 11:36:12 PM »
//Mmm tacos.

Should you find yourself in the Sacramento area and manage to make it to mealtime without opening a vein, go here.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

oaklandfan2kx

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 06:09:52 PM »
//Mmm tacos.

Should you find yourself in the Sacramento area and manage to make it to mealtime without opening a vein, go here.

Speaking of Sacramento did aired Caesar's Challenge on KCRA which is an NBC Affiliate between 2 Syndicated Episodes of Family Feud with Ray Combs the other one airs before reruns of Classic Concentration with Alex Trebek, however in San Francisco KRON didn't air the show but KOFY gobbled the peacock from KRON and aired Caesar's Challenge instead in the evenings.

Casey

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 06:38:57 PM »
//Mmm tacos.

Speaking of Sacramento did aired Caesar's Challenge on KCRA which is an NBC Affiliate between 2 Syndicated Episodes of Family Feud with Ray Combs the other one airs before reruns of Classic Concentration with Alex Trebek, however in San Francisco KRON didn't air the show but KOFY gobbled the peacock from KRON and aired Caesar's Challenge instead in the evenings.

What ?

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 07:16:49 PM »
I want "gobbled the peacock" to be part of our forum dictionary.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

aaron sica

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 10:02:51 PM »

Iris Mason, is that you?

chrisholland03

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 03:16:14 PM »
Wrong network for an Iris

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 06:17:17 PM »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 06:38:59 PM »
Wrong network for an Iris
What you did there, I see it.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!