Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best Win Cue  (Read 10646 times)

rebelwrest

Re: Best Win Cue
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 11:51:51 PM »
I'm impartial to the fanfare for winning on Kennedy "Split Second".  Anyone who wins Split Second deserves something grand.
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

Neumms

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 05:54:54 PM »
In that case, I think mention needs to be made of Blockbusters win cue with the trumpets to start.

I'd love to hear a band with a great horn section like the Max Weinberg 7 play the Blockbusters theme live.

RobertSearcy

• Executive Producer
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 07:42:49 PM »
After listening to it for the first time when watching The New Price is Right in '94, I thought the showcase showdown/Price was Right win music that they used was pretty good for win music.
"If everyone played Stud 8, it wouldn't matter who's in the White House because this would be one happy country!" -- Norman Chad during the 2007 World Series of Poker $50K HORSE event

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 07:43:10 PM »
I'd love to hear a band with a great horn section like the Max Weinberg 7 play the Blockbusters theme live.
Way back on Conan's NBC show, Weinberg's band played the theme to "Blank Check" as Conan crossed over to the desk. I thought I was imagining it until Conan actually asked "Was that a game show theme?" And Max said yes. I'd love to find that clip. I couldn't even begin to guess a date.

aaron sica

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 07:58:12 PM »
Although it's not as grand now as it was back then, when I was a young lad watching TJW or TTD I always enjoyed hearing the 5-game-win cues.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 08:27:48 PM »
Although it's not as grand now as it was back then, when I was a young lad watching TJW or TTD I always enjoyed hearing the 5-game-win cues.
Though Deal or No Deal is closest, I'm waiting for someone to bring up a bit of music that was great but went with a game/show that is regarded as a dog. Exciting music tends to go with exciting/tense game shows, so it's not surprising the list we're seeing and that there are many elements to the list.

/still not seeing how this is meant to emulate a bar room argument
//also there's lots of elements and not much in the way of the One True Answer.
Travis L. Eberle

Prizes

• Both a miner and a hoe
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2017, 06:42:25 PM »
Much as I love epic beds for gameplay themselves (hello there, $5,000,000 Super Millionaire cue), I like something a bit lighter, jazzy, and cheery to celebrate the actual wins. So, my picks are honestly not the most conventional, and wouldn't likely be heard today: Dream House's, with The Big Showdown's a close second.
Owner of WOF fan site buyavowel.boards.net
Didn't like scuba diving school. Too many fights.
~Jessica Brand

nowhammies10

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2017, 08:08:33 PM »
I'd like to go off the board with Russian Roulette's $100,000 win music.  The electric guitars just made a big win feel that much more epic.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2017, 12:26:56 PM »
For those in Detroit that remember WXYZ's "Prize Movie," they used a portion of Al Hirt's "Cotton Candy."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2017, 01:26:55 PM »
And speaking of Al Hirt, I loved listening to the whole Bowling for Dollars theme when someone gets the strike...and the jackpot strike...and the grand prize strike.

/...looking at classic WOR Bowling for Dollars clips on YouTube.
//  Of course, I'm born after '80. :-)
-Sanford

TimK2003

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2017, 04:17:19 PM »
If you want to talk about over-the-top win cues, my vote goes for the $100K win cue during the Kathie Lee Johnson/Isolation Booth era of Name That Tune.

Not only did you have the orchestra playing winning fanfares, but you also had about 4 or 5 alternating air raid and police sirens going off on top of that... A little overkill, IMHO.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2017, 05:43:19 PM »
A little overkill, IMHO.

The contestant just won TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR FOR TEN YEARS, man! There should have been hookers and a skywriter, too!

/these days you can win $100,000 for NOT dropping a farking ball down a pegboard
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2017, 05:54:33 PM »
I just visited my favorite Inflation Calculator; in the 70s, $10,000 was the equivalent of 40K a year. I could see why that was a big deal, considering a lot of shows still gave away "just" $5,000.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Bobby B.

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2017, 08:00:40 PM »
My favorite win cue is the theme from "Whew" when the Gauntlet is run.  Sure it's the main theme extended, but with all the flashing lights and the contestants going apes**t winning $25K, it matches the mood perfectly.

I also liked the win cue from Your Number's Up.

I agree on "Whew."  The first clip of it I ever saw was Randy Amasia's Gauntlet win, and I remember just loving the way the show treated a bonus win.  Another cue I'm partial to is the Secret Square win cue on the Davidson Squares.  I'm a sucker for good saxophone music and that's a fun little cue for winning a nice prize.

Argo

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2017, 12:18:18 AM »
TPIR with the 'Whoop Whoop Whoop', 'clang clang clang' all going at the same time, with the theme of course.

Whew

WOF Puzzle Solve (Thicke) - Also, for those who haven't seen the few episodes online or collections, they used the "rock-style' music originally used for commercials as soon as the win cue stopped playing after the bonus round going to break. If that can be included, ill add that to the list.

$10,000 - $50,000 Pyramid, when it sounded good. Most times it was too 'tinny' or muffled. Almost sounded like it was coming off a telephone or something. I never understood why it sounded so bad. The "win" ding wasn't all too impressive to me. Sounded more like a weak bicycle bell. Goodson shows seemed to have better sound effects I thought.

Now You See It (both Chump Change, and the "other" one)

Big Showdown

Password 74-75 / All-Stars

Password Plus