Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel's new music  (Read 3176 times)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Wheel's new music
« on: January 04, 2017, 09:30:05 PM »
What are your thoughts on the new WoF music?
The main opening & closing sounds like it has identical instrumentation to the just-retired closing theme. I like its catchiness & how upbeat it is, even though to me  it sounds like a jam session where the musicians just  let loose after recording the last rendition of "Happy Wheel." (Maybe this one's called "Tipsy Wheel?"  ;D )
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 11:26:01 PM by Blanquepage »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Wheel's new music
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 09:32:51 PM »
I think it could grow on me, but it seemed to come out of nowhere. Since I only see the last ten minutes or so Monday's episode was my first exposure to the new Toss-up, Final Spin, bonus round and solve cues, which are OK but don't feel like they're part of a package so much as they all exist.
Travis L. Eberle

Casey

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 10:23:43 PM »
It sounds to me like the music you'd hear when walking into a nightclub.  It doesn't do much for me.

Blanquepage

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 09:17:38 PM »
After hearing more of it tonight, I went from "rather liking it" to "lovin' it." :D
Just the opening / closing music that is, they can keep the rest.

(If you haven't seen the 1/6/17 show, don't watch if you want to avoid knowing who the winner is.)

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 10:09:35 PM »
It's catchy, but I'd like to hear the full version to get a feel for the actual melody. With the classics on ABC, I'd love to hear a true 2017 update to Changing Keys, but that's the nerd in me talking.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Blanquepage

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 10:25:45 PM »
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if this theme were all vamp and no principal melody.
Eh who needs a melody anyway? Hidey's closing music for TJW and Hot Potato didn't really have one and they were catchy as hell.
Ok I'm done, my like for the music is quite clear and hope the clean version surfaces sooner than in a couple years. Carry on ;D

rebelwrest

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 07:28:47 PM »
In an interesting development, they have now dubbed the new music into the Saturday repeats. 

When the music is played longer, I like it a little better.  Not a lot, but a little.
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

Loogaroo

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 03:18:27 AM »
I'm ambivalent about the music - personally, it just sounds like they replaced mid-tempo bland with up-tempo bland - but the new touches to the set look nice.
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 12:59:47 PM »
I'm ambivalent about the music - personally, it just sounds like they replaced mid-tempo bland with up-tempo bland - but the new touches to the set look nice.
I couldn't see any set changes.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.