Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I've seen "Deal or No Deal"  (Read 2566 times)

J.R.

I've seen "Deal or No Deal"
« on: January 27, 2004, 12:31:11 AM »
I recently aquired a couple eps. of the Aussie version of "Deal or No Deal" I just wanted to say it is a amazing show !

Here are the rules to the game:
http://www.sub.net.au/~powney/gameshow/dealnodeal2003.htm

While the Elimination Rounds are okay, it's the End Game that is Television Gold. The suspence of what will happen next is INCREDIBLE. While I wont go into details as to what happens on my shows but my heart was thumping thoughout.

It's sorta of a combnation of LMAD and Greed (With the Bailout Offers). No Questions, No Lifelines, just picking-off briefcases hoping to avoid big dollar amounts (Which over there ranged from 5 cents to $2,000,000). Avoiding the big dollars mean two things, the odds of you holding the big bucks increases as is offer the bank will offer you to stop and what the bank offers can reach astronomical hights. And I like how the 25 other players get a shot at some money too, so it's not just the main player with all the glory.

"Deal or No Deal" is a fantastic show and I think an American version will be just as great.

I really think the best person to host this show, in my opinion would be Jim Perry. His deep dramatic and enducing speech always made Big Bets, Definitons, and Instant Bargains seem very interesting. Jim had that knack to entice players to risk a big amount on The Big Bet and tempt players into purchasing Instant Bargains when they wouldn't want to. Try to picture Jim saying the shows soon-to-be-infamous catch phrase: "Deal... or No Deal ?" in your head and you'll see what I mean.

And thats my critique on the show.
-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

whampyl03

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 12:58:14 AM »
Try to picture Jim saying the shows soon-to-be-infamous catch phrase: "Deal... or No Deal ?" in your head and you'll see what I mean.

Ohh... Thinking that sends shivers down my spine.  However, I think Jim is going to stay on the farm for a while.  Whether if Jim does or does not want to get back into hosting again, I unfortunately think that nobody would hire him.  It'll probably somebody who is young, "hip", and "edgy".  Somebody that the 18-28 yr. old crowd could relate to.  Crying shame too; I’d love to see Jim back in the saddle.  (The hosting saddle, that is.)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2004, 01:09:14 AM by whampyl03 »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 01:19:31 PM »
From your sketchy description the end game sounds like little more than an overembellished Barry & Enright end game. Am I wrong?

GameShowFan

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 07:29:43 PM »
From your sketchy description the end game sounds like little more than an overembellished Barry & Enright end game. Am I wrong?

Not to open a can of worms, but I will also point out that the final round of this game is the LMAD "Trade Or Don't Trade" problem writ large.

I'll go into more detail on request.

'Brian

SplitSecond

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 07:49:16 PM »
We've already established that it's been done before.  The big question is, is it done well?

starcade

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 01:15:11 AM »
Depends on how the people do it at ABC.

Sounds like a Helluva concept, tho...  Good luck to them.  Should be wild to watch.