Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Divided question  (Read 4894 times)

cyclone45

Divided question
« on: February 19, 2017, 10:03:07 PM »
Has there ever been a endgame where they agreed after the initial 15 seconds each but forgot to hit the button, thus starting the money clock?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Divided question
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 10:04:03 PM »
If they agree presumably they don't have to push the button. From what I recall of watching the British version I don't think there was ever a team that agreed--it was always A-A-A or A-A-B.
Travis L. Eberle

cyclone45

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 02:54:07 PM »
I've seen two teams that have but they pushed the button before the timer stopped...hmm..anyone that can research this?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 02:58:33 PM »
Yes, just look in a mirror.
Travis L. Eberle

cyclone45

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 03:14:25 PM »
i'm not from the UK, or I wouldn't have asked...All I've seen of the UK version is what's on Youtube.I was just wondering if any of or UK posters would know.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 03:53:55 AM »
i'm not from the UK, or I wouldn't have asked...All I've seen of the UK version is what's on Youtube.I was just wondering if any of or UK posters would know.

A vast trove of knowledge about the show you will find here.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Loogaroo

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 02:48:54 PM »
If they picked different shares in the opening arguments, there was no need to lock in.

Additionally, there was one game where they finally reached an amicable split right as the clock reached halftime, and instead of the host warning them that they had lost half their money, he simply said an agreement had been reached.

I think the "lock-in" element only comes into play when the money is actually draining so as to put a definite point on when all three players agreed. If there's no time ticking away the lock-in is unnecessary.
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

cyclone45

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 11:40:42 PM »

A vast trove of knowledge about the show you will find here.

Went through five pages so far...found nothing. Thanks Loog.

Edit: Found THIS

So the part about locking in after 50 was incorrect, at least in that episode. Why did he restart the clock?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 12:31:30 AM »
Why indeed, Johnny Louie?
Travis L. Eberle

cyclone45

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 01:02:19 AM »
They agreed. The clock should not have restarted! They got gypped like a half percent each!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 03:00:33 AM »
I liked him better when he was self banned.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 08:02:41 AM »
1.  The C share lost exactly 30 quid, which means that contestant can't get that custom "I was on Divided and all I got was £1650" t-shirt.

2A.  Stopping the clock is an inexact measure.  I'm sure a devoted viewer like you has seen the team come to a consensus, but the money meter dropped $50 or $100 in the process of the locking in.  It happened last week, when a team agreed at literally the last second and put hands on the Triangle of Agreement which would have meant $15 in the C player's coffer, but the money drained to $0 for all.

(Related to the above) 2B.  A second went off the clock (notice the on-screen clock is at 49 seconds), which meant 1% of the original values should go down.  The C share started at £3375.  According to my math, the C player got a savings of £3.75.

3.  In the grand scheme of things, if you win $2000 on a game show, are you really going to get your knickers in a bunch over forty bucks?

cyclone45

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 09:56:38 PM »
My point is that the clock never should have restarted, the light was blue and they all agreed at that point, why reastart it in the first place?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2017, 10:06:50 PM »
My point is that the clock never should have restarted, the light was blue and they all agreed at that point, why reastart it in the first place?

You're right. It was a gross injustice.

Now what?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cyclone45

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 01:58:28 AM »
If I were the producer, I'd compensate them that second lost. If I were the host, I would have just said press the button. (shrugs)