Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "iWitness" getting summer syndie test run  (Read 4200 times)

colonial

"iWitness" getting summer syndie test run
« on: May 01, 2017, 02:26:05 PM »
A new game show is heading into syndication this summer for a six-week test run and, if all goes well, could get a more permanent slot in Fall 2018.

"iWitness" comes from Fremantle/Debmar-Mercury, as well as the production company of Judge Judy Sheindlin ...

http://deadline.com/2017/05/judge-judy-sheindlin-game-show-iwitness-summer-test-run-fox-stations-1202079311/

Based on the premise, it sounds like a 21st century take on those VCR board games where you watch a commercial, then answer a question about something you saw in it.

JD

BrandonFG

Re: "iWitness" getting summer syndie test run
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 02:37:23 PM »
MTV had a semi-game show like this around 1998-99, where contestants watched clips of music videos and were quizzed on things like someone's outfit or something in the background. I think they received a cash prize for correct answers. Ironically, I can't remember the name of the damn show. :P

Although that and Hit Man never took off, I did always like shows that required you to pay attention to detail.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Marc412

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 02:57:45 PM »
MTV had a semi-game show like this around 1998-99, where contestants watched clips of music videos and were quizzed on things like someone's outfit or something in the background. I think they received a cash prize for correct answers. Ironically, I can't remember the name of the damn show. :P
Could that show be WebRiot?  Ahmet Zappa introduced music videos and while they were watching them, the players answered multiple-choice questions about the featured songs and artists.  The faster they answered, the more points they stood to win (or lose).

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 03:18:49 PM »
Not WebRiot. This one wasn't an in-studio show, but it was that same time frame. I think it was called Eye Spy Video.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 06:22:10 PM »
(whistle)

Gratuitous use of the
i- prefix. Five-yard penalty.

After a brief search, I was a little surprised to see that Apple doesn't have a trademark on the prefix itself. Of course, I would assume that Fremantle has already run the title by its lawyers.

gsfan85

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 12:34:56 AM »
Not WebRiot. This one wasn't an in-studio show, but it was that same time frame. I think it was called Eye Spy Video.

Yep...Eye Spy Video.  Was shot in different bars I think.  Dave Holmes hosted.

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 08:57:29 AM »
Now it's all coming back to me...thank you. :)

weaklink75

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 07:00:49 PM »
So this has been on for a bit...anyone who's had a chance to see it want to give a rundown on format/thoughts?

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 07:30:02 PM »
Here's the post with a Dropbox link to an episode. There's also a summary in that thread.