Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ex 'TPIR' Models Books  (Read 2727 times)

The Pyramids

Ex 'TPIR' Models Books
« on: July 12, 2017, 07:04:04 AM »
I recently finished reading Kathleen Bradley's book and enjoyed it. I think, however, that I had read about all of the books salacious details here already. I wonder how much she might have dreaded having to give another deposition and see Barker again in 2004.

For those who might have once read Janice Pennington's book did you find it worth your time? One Amazon reviewer called it 'eighth grade prose'.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 07:32:53 AM by PaulD »

cmjb13

Re: Ex 'TPIR' Models Books
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 09:40:25 AM »
Kathleen's book was very good. Couldn't really stop reading once I started.

Janice's book was more about Fritz than anything else with a little Price sprinkled in.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

calliaume

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 09:45:30 AM »
For those who might have once read Janice Pennington's book did you find it worth your time? One Amazon reviewer called it 'eighth grade prose'.
I've got it in paperback, but I've only skimmed it (I worked for the company that published the paperback edition).  It's almost exclusively about the loss of her first husband and her personal life - TPIR is mostly mentioned only in passing.

It would have helped if there was an acknowledgments page - I'm sure somebody helped Janice and Carlos de Abreu put the book together.  But the writing is far better than that of eighth graders.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 09:52:52 AM »
But the writing is far better than that of eighth graders.

A typical "Amazon reviewer" on the other hand...
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 12:32:53 PM »
A typical "Amazon reviewer" on the other hand...

Ahem. They prefer the term "e-commerce influencer."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 05:21:58 PM »
I've got it in paperback, but I've only skimmed it (I worked for the company that published the paperback edition).  It's almost exclusively about the loss of her first husband and her personal life - TPIR is mostly mentioned only in passing.
Right around the time the book came out, Janice appeared on Sally. Not knowing she had a book out, or what it was about, I remember being a bit surprised that there was very little mention of TPiR, and more about her husband's double life.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 06:18:17 PM »
Always disappointed me that a lot of books by people I knew primarily for game shows (Henry Morgan, Arlene Francis, Kitty Carlisle) didn't touch on them much.  Apparently, it was a tiny sliver of their lives.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.