Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LMAD Phone Game  (Read 1692 times)

digiblader

LMAD Phone Game
« on: January 27, 2004, 09:34:01 PM »
Back when Family aired LMAD(or before it..) I remember seeing commercials for this thing where they had this LMAD phone game or something like that. I do remember during the commercial they showed clips from LMAD '84.

Does anyone remember this?

zachhoran

LMAD Phone Game
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 08:14:34 AM »
[quote name=\'digiblader\' date=\'Jan 27 2004, 09:34 PM\'] Back when Family aired LMAD(or before it..) I remember seeing commercials for this thing where they had this LMAD phone game or something like that. I do remember during the commercial they showed clips from LMAD '84.

Does anyone remember this? [/quote]
 There were legal troubles plaguing the game, as some people were not paid their winnings. USA ran ads in 1995 with an 800 number people could call if they had problems with receiving their winnings from the LMAD phone game. The phone game was active c. 1991-92(I think the NBC revival from Disney MGM studios was just off the air at the time). Monty did two infomercials for the game, both of which featured clips from LMAD(mostly the 80s run, but there was a clip of a couple who risked a Cadillac to go for and win the Super Deal in the mid 70s), as well as games in-studio with people who had won the $1,000 top prize. Domino's Pizza had ads for this and a Hollywood Squares phone game on some of their pizza boxes as well.

ChuckNet

LMAD Phone Game
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 05:16:47 PM »
There were legal troubles plaguing the game, as some people were not paid their winnings.

For the full story, here's a link to the 97 ATGS thread on this fiasco:

LMaD Phone Game

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")