Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: VCR ALERT! Betty White Plays Password  (Read 2437 times)

DjohnsonCB

VCR ALERT! Betty White Plays Password
« on: January 27, 2004, 04:39:11 PM »
On the 1/27th edition of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Betty White is the first guest and, after chatting with Ellen about animals and other subjects, she and Ellen become celeb players in a game of Password (the classic 60s version) with two gals from the audience.  It's a hoot to see, and if you missed it today, it should be on Oxygen next Tuesday.  I'm watching it right now and there's no lightning round, but interestingly, they use the logo from the Endless Games home version.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Pyramid80

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 05:26:55 PM »
You beat me to it.  I just got finished watching it from earlier.  It was indeed a hoot, glad I caught it on tape!

JMFabiano

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 08:43:34 PM »
Yes, I saw Betty White this afternoon on Ellen, so of course my interest was piqued a bit.  Then when I heard the word "Password" mentioned going into the commercial, I was most definitely hooked!  BTW, seeing as I was late in watching the previous Betty segment, did she talk about PW and/or Allen in the interview?

As a sidenote, with Ellen being picked up for another season a while back, I must say that she has made a fan out of me.  I know I was/am bitter and all about Caroline, but after watching Ellen a few times I've come to appreciate her a lot more.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Pyramid80

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 09:06:13 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Jan 27 2004, 07:43 PM\'] BTW, seeing as I was late in watching the previous Betty segment, did she talk about PW and/or Allen in the interview? [/quote]
 No she didn't talk about Password or Allen.  She was talking about a chimp that kept escaping the cage at the LA zoo (I think).  Then about her guest role on The Practice which will air in mid February, which was followed by a clip.  That is about it.  The interesting thing is that this is Betty's 2nd appearance on the Ellen show.  So hopefully they will get her on more often.  I could sit and watch BW all day long.  She is a fabulous person!

ChuckNet

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 05:25:19 PM »
The interesting thing is that this is Betty's 2nd appearance on the Ellen show. So hopefully they will get her on more often. I could sit and watch BW all day long. She is a fabulous person!

Amen to that! Unfortunately, I stupidly thought this ep was a rerun of Betty's 1st appearance and didn't set the VCR...thank God for the Oxygen 1-week delay second run.

Chuck Donegan (The Grateful "Chuckie Baby")