Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "iWitness" getting summer syndie test run  (Read 3712 times)

colonial

"iWitness" getting summer syndie test run
« on: May 01, 2017, 02:26:05 PM »
A new game show is heading into syndication this summer for a six-week test run and, if all goes well, could get a more permanent slot in Fall 2018.

"iWitness" comes from Fremantle/Debmar-Mercury, as well as the production company of Judge Judy Sheindlin ...

http://deadline.com/2017/05/judge-judy-sheindlin-game-show-iwitness-summer-test-run-fox-stations-1202079311/

Based on the premise, it sounds like a 21st century take on those VCR board games where you watch a commercial, then answer a question about something you saw in it.

JD

BrandonFG

Re: "iWitness" getting summer syndie test run
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 02:37:23 PM »
MTV had a semi-game show like this around 1998-99, where contestants watched clips of music videos and were quizzed on things like someone's outfit or something in the background. I think they received a cash prize for correct answers. Ironically, I can't remember the name of the damn show. :P

Although that and Hit Man never took off, I did always like shows that required you to pay attention to detail.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Marc412

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 02:57:45 PM »
MTV had a semi-game show like this around 1998-99, where contestants watched clips of music videos and were quizzed on things like someone's outfit or something in the background. I think they received a cash prize for correct answers. Ironically, I can't remember the name of the damn show. :P
Could that show be WebRiot?  Ahmet Zappa introduced music videos and while they were watching them, the players answered multiple-choice questions about the featured songs and artists.  The faster they answered, the more points they stood to win (or lose).

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 03:18:49 PM »
Not WebRiot. This one wasn't an in-studio show, but it was that same time frame. I think it was called Eye Spy Video.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 06:22:10 PM »
(whistle)

Gratuitous use of the
i- prefix. Five-yard penalty.

After a brief search, I was a little surprised to see that Apple doesn't have a trademark on the prefix itself. Of course, I would assume that Fremantle has already run the title by its lawyers.

gsfan85

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 12:34:56 AM »
Not WebRiot. This one wasn't an in-studio show, but it was that same time frame. I think it was called Eye Spy Video.

Yep...Eye Spy Video.  Was shot in different bars I think.  Dave Holmes hosted.

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 08:57:29 AM »
Now it's all coming back to me...thank you. :)

weaklink75

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 07:00:49 PM »
So this has been on for a bit...anyone who's had a chance to see it want to give a rundown on format/thoughts?

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 07:30:02 PM »
Here's the post with a Dropbox link to an episode. There's also a summary in that thread.