Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: @midnight ending August 4th  (Read 2834 times)

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
@midnight ending August 4th
« on: July 19, 2017, 02:46:40 AM »
Article from the A.V. Club

They've had a great run and I hate to see it go, but it looks like they feel like it's time to end it.  I'll miss it. :-\

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Re: @midnight ending August 4th
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 12:24:05 PM »
I don't want it to end, but OTOH if you've had Kenny G as a contestant, you've probably hit peak saturation.

/He was fine
This signature is currently under construction.

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 12:50:01 PM »
I'm gonna miss coming up with bad puns on Twitter, but nearly four years is a great run.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 01:10:06 PM »
I'm gonna miss coming up with bad puns on Twitter, but nearly four years is a great run.
Don't let the show's ending stop you. :)

Given the raft of content and workload to curate it, that is a great run. Nice work, troops.
Travis L. Eberle

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 01:35:05 PM »
Don't worry -- now we have Punchline to take its place!

(watches an episode of Punchline)

Please disregard my previous statement.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 09:00:29 PM »
You know, I get to 2013, and while I know new game shows with new concepts will come out, I really didn't think something would be considered a game changer. @midnight proved me wrong. Such a fun show, with such interactivity. With only a four year run, I'd definitely say it left an indelible impression. Given how they trended almost every new episode with that night's Hashtag War, this show would probably go down as one of the most tweeted about game shows, if such a statistic is quantifiable.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.