Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Most annoying contestant in TPiR history?  (Read 8854 times)

JayC

Most annoying contestant in TPiR history?
« on: January 28, 2004, 07:08:06 PM »
Today's Tonya certainly comes to mind.  All the Samoans do also.  Old lady contestants in general annoy the hell out of me, because they are slow, dimwitted, and are probably only there just to hug and kiss Bob.  Any other very annoying contestants you could think of?

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 07:26:27 PM »
Anyone who has to consult with his "posse."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Little Big Brother

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 07:30:31 PM »
9 out of 10 Clock Game contestants and the people who consult the audience when picking a number on Spelling Bee.  I'm glad Bob has started pointing out to contestants "They don't know any more than you do."

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 07:35:01 PM »
Anyone who bids $1 higher than the previous bidder. I'd honestly like to see TPiR use some sort of minimum interval that next contestant may bid, i.e. $50.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

zachhoran

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 07:36:40 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 28 2004, 07:35 PM\'] Anyone who bids $1 higher than the previous bidder. I'd honestly like to see TPiR use some sort of minimum interval that next contestant may bid, i.e. $50. [/quote]
 SOmeone bidding $1 lower than the previous bid is worse strategy than bidding $1 higher, but not necessarily as annoying. Then there's the "I don't know how to play CHeck Game but everyone in the audience does" bit.

tyshaun1

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 07:52:31 PM »
My pet peeve is when a contestant says "I've been watching since I was 2!" or something like that, then doesn't know how to play Double Prices or One Right Price............

Tyshaun

zachhoran

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 08:00:36 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Jan 28 2004, 07:52 PM\'] My pet peeve is when a contestant says "I've been watching since I was 2!" or something like that, then doesn't know how to play Double Prices or One Right Price............

Tyshaun [/quote]
 Or those that say they've never seen the Clock Game, Bob seems to make a big deal about some of those. On some of those cases, the player wins both prizes with time to spare. Another thing that's happened a couple of times this season: A player will think the price of the prize in Range Game is a certain price, and will then stop the range finder a bit before the price appears in the red window.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 10:50:45 PM »
Two words:

HIT ME
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2004, 11:19:01 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 28 2004, 10:50 PM\'] Two words:

HIT ME [/quote]
 Couldn't agree with you more, Chris.

Quite simply, hands down, the *easiest* pricing game on TPiR. It's that game that when I see it played wrong, makes me want to jump through my set and strangle the contestant.

Absolutely no reason why that game shouldn't be won each and every time.

Jay Temple

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2004, 12:17:54 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 28 2004, 06:35 PM\'] Anyone who bids $1 higher than the previous bidder. I'd honestly like to see TPiR use some sort of minimum interval that next contestant may bid, i.e. $50. [/quote]
 We've had this discussion before.  I stand by my point:  If you think you'd get mad when someone after you bids $1 more, you'd get twice as mad if someone before you bid $700 and the actual price was $749 (using your $50 figure).
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2004, 02:49:47 AM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Jan 28 2004, 07:08 PM\'] Today's Tonya certainly comes to mind.  All the Samoans do also.  Old lady contestants in general annoy the hell out of me, because they are slow, dimwitted, and are probably only there just to hug and kiss Bob.  Any other very annoying contestants you could think of? [/quote]
 Respect your elders.
Someday, you'll be married to an "old lady".

The annoying contestants are easily the college students with the customary "BOB RULZ!" T-shirt.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2004, 05:22:07 AM »
Or how about those contestants that completlely "ignore" the Zero Rule in Ten Chances.  That's my biggest pet peeive there.

zachhoran

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2004, 07:48:07 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Jan 28 2004, 11:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 28 2004, 10:50 PM\'] Two words:

HIT ME [/quote]

Quite simply, hands down, the *easiest* pricing game on TPiR. It's that game that when I see it played wrong, makes me want to jump through my set and strangle the contestant.

Absolutely no reason why that game shouldn't be won each and every time. [/quote]
 The game should be won more often than it is, at least 90% of the time it should be. Sometimes the Ace or the Ten won't be 100% obvious. I have seen episodes with two or three of the given prices ending in zero, and the card behind one of them is an eight. Then sometimes there'll be a given price that hides a two or three that's less than the product whose price will hide the ace.

zachhoran

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2004, 07:50:47 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Jan 28 2004, 11:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 28 2004, 10:50 PM\'] Two words:

HIT ME [/quote]

Absolutely no reason why that game shouldn't be won each and every time. [/quote]
 Then of course there's the end in zero rule on Ten Chances, which still causes some players not to win all three prizes when they don't hear the audience chanting prices that end in zero.

Bullseye is not much more difficult than Hit Me, as there's usually a product where picking two or three of it will guarantee a fast win, and then you see players picking one of the less expensive items, or then racking up $7 from one item and picking one or two of a less expensive item, confusing Bullseye with Grocery Game.

Tony

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2004, 12:08:28 PM »
Bullseye is not much more difficult than Hit Me, as there's usually a product where picking two or three of it will guarantee a fast win, and then you see players picking one of the less expensive items, or then racking up $7 from one item and picking one or two of a less expensive item, confusing Bullseye with Grocery Game.

Zach's point about contestants confusing Bullseye with Grocery Game brings to my mind just how similar the game mechanics are for both games.  To wit:

BULLSEYE
Pick a product, pick how many of that product to meet a predetermined price range to win.

GROCERY GAME
Pick a product, pick how many of that product to meet a predetermined price range to win.

The only real difference between the two is one game tries to hit the range with one product at a time while the other tries to hit the range with multiple products.