Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shows With "Flashback Endings"  (Read 2991 times)

TimK2003

Shows With "Flashback Endings"
« on: February 19, 2018, 08:14:12 PM »
Watching one of the "few" episodes of Harvey Feud found on TV today and watching the closing credits, I see that they replay a "flashback" where they replay the winning Fast Money moment, sometimes from a different camera angle.

It got me thinking to other game shows that would show a flashback of things that happened during the episode while the credits were running:

CROSSWITS -- In the David Sparks series, they would show stills of the gameplay.

NAME THAT TUNE -- In the Kennedy/Kathie Lee Era on the episodes when they played the Home Viewer game when there was no 100K tune on the line, during the credits they would show video clips of the episoda while Kathie Lee sang the theme song.

Others???.

SuperMatch93

Re: Shows With "Flashback Endings"
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 08:31:37 PM »
I'm pretty sure this happened only once, but there was an episode of syndicated Sale of the Century that featured still shots from the instant bargains and one of Jim's anecdotes (which featured a prop that day) before going to the credits.
-William https://cookcounty.biz
https://www.donorschoose.org/classroom/cpsbermudez
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 08:36:58 PM »
I think around 1985, Price is Right started doing stills when they went to commercial...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 08:39:50 PM »
For a time Wheel of Fortune would do a stop-motion replay of opening the bonus envelope and the ensuing celebration.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 09:21:57 PM »
American Gladiators. I believe Donnymid did a slow-motion Winners Circle clip during the credits too.

I think around 1985, Price is Right started doing stills when they went to commercial...
Feud did this too, either during the final Combs season(s), or Dawson's comeback year. Might have been both, and I want to say it was both a still shot and/or a slow-motion reaction. Not credits-related, but on the subject of Feud, during the Anderson era, they also did a slow-motion reaction right before Fast Money.

For a time Wheel of Fortune would do a stop-motion replay of opening the bonus envelope and the ensuing celebration.
IIRC, Click did this as well.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 01:39:49 AM »
AG was weird with that. The first half season had footage from throughout the competition over the credits, then they stopped doing that until season 3 when they added the stills. I wanna say they stopped doing it again in season 7 because I seem to remember the opening montage being reused to close the show.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 01:54:16 AM »
AG was weird with that. The first half season had footage from throughout the competition over the credits, then they stopped doing that until season 3 when they added the stills. I wanna say they stopped doing it again in season 7 because I seem to remember the opening montage being reused to close the show.
Yup. Charge! is either still in or just aired the series finale and the opening/closing is a series of close-up footage of each Gladiator.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

tpirfan28

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 11:40:42 AM »
Even rarer but I have seen episodes with the freeze shot during the credits of the Showcase winner’s reaction.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Allstar87

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 01:27:08 PM »
I've seen it on exactly one syndicated episode of Dawson Feud. The credits for that episode were in a completely different font too.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 01:43:39 PM »
A couple of the episodes of Supermarket Sweep that have recently aired on Buzzr ended with slow-motion footage of the winning contestant during the sweep. I suspect it's because the credits ran so long, they ran out of footage of David Ruprecht and the contestants standing around and chatting.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 02:47:54 PM »
Jeopardy from time to time.