Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Audrey Meadows & husband  (Read 2591 times)

Jay Temple

Audrey Meadows & husband
« on: March 14, 2018, 11:44:11 PM »
I'm watching an episode of Password with Audrey Meadows. Allen said something about airlines, and it took me a minute to realize it was because Audrey's husband was a major figure in the airline industry. I always forget that she's the sister whose husband is not in show business. I saw a Tattle Tales episode guide a LONG time ago, but it's not around any more. For those of you who have more information than I do, did she ever appear with him on TT or a celebrity edition of any other game show?
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Clay Zambo

Re: Audrey Meadows & husband
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 10:44:21 AM »
Don't feel bad; I always forget that Audrey Meadows and Audrey Landers aren't the same person.
czambo@mac.com

calliaume

Re: Audrey Meadows & husband
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 01:21:30 PM »
I'm watching an episode of Password with Audrey Meadows. Allen said something about airlines, and it took me a minute to realize it was because Audrey's husband was a major figure in the airline industry. I always forget that she's the sister whose husband is not in show business. I saw a Tattle Tales episode guide a LONG time ago, but it's not around any more. For those of you who have more information than I do, did she ever appear with him on TT or a celebrity edition of any other game show?
Audrey's husband from 1956 until his death 30 years later was Bob Six, president of Continental Airlines.  One of the reasons Meadows didn't return as Alice Kramden in the 1960s Honeymooners episodes on Jackie Gleason's variety shows was she didn't want to relocate to Miami and be away from her husband.

Jayne was the only Meadows sister to appear on Tattletales.

Audrey wrote a charming autobiography that I wish I'd kept, Love, Alice, in 1994.